Gaming Flashing a Lite-On drive.

CorruptJon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently got a new Xbox 360 and of course I'm looking to mod it. It was purchased new, and I have checked the wires which assure me that it is infact a lite-on drive (yellow). I have read some tuts but I still have a few questions.

1. All in all, what will I need? I have already ordered an opening tool, torx 8 and 10s, and this SATA VIA Card

2. Do I need one of those Probes or Spears? I've read people have extracted their key with a paperclip or screwdriver, but I'm not sure if that would require soldering. I only plan on doing this once so if it is possible with a paperclip, albeit more difficult, that's fine.

3. Which programs should I use? I was planning on using Jungleflasher, but I don't know which is needed to extract the keys.

4. Are there any newb friendly tuts out yet? I would really like a step-by-step one.

Sorry if all of this has been asked before. Thanks.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have not really read up on this as well as the others but here goes:

1. You do not really need an opening tool (I use a knife most of the time) but that looks OK, I am not 100% about the card but others indicate it works for 360 samsung which are quite fussy as I recall.

2. Yes you do, you can however make on with a nominal amount of electronics knowledge:
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=668247
Note you will need a machine with a serial port and I do not think a cheapo USB serial adapter will work (one that emulates is a different matter)

3. This is where I come unstuck, I tried many different methods and settled on dosflash for the original but a lack of experience here precludes me from giving advice.

4. Read the existing ones, the method is largely the same (it is dumping stuff that is the problem whereas usually it is not one), still:
http://xbox-experts.com/e/tutorial.php?n=flashyourliteonf

Usual common sense stuff about repeating key dumps 3 time (errors are random and unlikely to repeat 3 times) and sending the key to yourself via email/offsite backup apply.

IceFreak2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
FWIW, I bought the case opening kit, the CK3 Pro and the Lite-On probe for my XBox 360. Following the tutorials available on Team Xecuter's site (google is your friend), I reflashed my drive in under an hour using JungleFlasher.

It's easy, but take it nice and slowly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.