OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I've searched the forums and found no real answer, so here's my question:
I have a Ninjapass X9 and an Acekard(don't ask me to buy and r4 or an m3simply!), and to be able to download play with some non-working roms, and would like to flash one of my DS's (phat or lite).
My question is, can I, with a slot-1 device flash a DS.
Illusion

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've searched the forums and found no real answer, so here's my question:
I have a Ninjapass X9 and an Acekard(don't ask me to buy and r4 or an m3simply!), and to be able to download play with some non-working roms, and would like to flash one of my DS's (phat or lite).
My question is, can I, with a slot-1 device flash a DS.
Illusion
should be possible, flashme loads into RAM if I'm not mistaken.

onneeye

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
biggrin.gif
Yes you can. I just did with my DS PHAT. I wanted to see for myself. I was using M3 Simply to flash the DS.

-EX-

Racer
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
So after your DS is flashed & all you have is a slot one card. Is your DS booting straight
in to the card? Or do you need to hold a button such as start or select on a flashed unit?
Of course not. When you play original carts on a flashed DS, it boots straight to them, if there's no slot 2 cart inserted.

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE said:
So after your DS is flashed & all you have is a slot one card. Is your DS booting straight
in to the card? Or do you need to hold a button such as start or select on a flashed unit?
Of course not. When you play original carts on a flashed DS, it boots straight to them, if there's no slot 2 cart inserted.
Negative, when you have an original card in your flashed DS and no homebrew slot-2 device you'll nicely get the DS's main menu (unless you choose the setting to automatically boot DS games)(possibly via the health and safety screen depending on your version of flashme).

nds_gamerz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have a question, i have the m3 simply and i'm trying to flash my ds lite. the problem i'm having is its not loading the flashme.nds file. does anybody else have this problem?

EDIT: nevermind i fixed it. had to take out all my games and then reformat the microsd.

7llusion

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
It means that you can't recover a half bricked ds(that turned off after 5%) if you don't own a slot-2. If you fail to install flashme you will need to have a slot2 card to do the operation again. Also changing from flashme_stealth to flashme(and vice versa) doesn't require you to connect the sl1 hole.
Illusion

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It means that you can't recover a half bricked ds(that turned off after 5%) if you don't own a slot-2. If you fail to install flashme you will need to have a slot2 card to do the operation again. Also changing from flashme_stealth to flashme(and vice versa) doesn't require you to connect the sl1 hole.
Illusion

They do on the DS Lite. The original DS didn't require this though.

Modrak

Trophies
XP
Country
Just flashed friends poor DS with my R4, pen and a chocolate foil during school break, we can now finally race each other at Mario Karts during classes
wink.gif

yourdaddy50

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
finally an answer ive been wondering about this for a while because i want to flash my cousin's ds lite with my m3 simply but wasn't sure if it would work

myclock

Trophies
Website
www.ahg123.com
XP
Country
ok i dont know anything about flashing, i got an R4. i got 2 one on the first day it came out and a DSL which i bought 2 weeks ago.

why would i need to flash a DS? and wats the benefits?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM