Flashed NTRBOOT TO R4I Gold but 3ds will not boot into ntrmode

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by LinusRG, Nov 22, 2019.

1. LinusRG
    OP

LinusRG GBAtemp Regular

Jun 7, 2017
    Canada
    have ntr mode setup up properly but 3ds will not boot into it. Using R4I Revolution. Which is supported. I use the right button combo and everything.

Last edited by LinusRG, Nov 22, 2019
  2. Xiantyl

Xiantyl Member

Newcomer
    Feb 15, 2017
    United States
    Why don't you just install Boot9strap and be done with carts?

3. LinusRG
    OP

LinusRG GBAtemp Regular

Jun 7, 2017
    Canada
    does not work cant bruteforce my movable.sed

4. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh.

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    As others have told you before in your previous thread,
    the R4 Revolution model you pointed out from this other thread,
    is not an ntrboot compatible DS flashcart.

Reflashing that flashcart with ntrboot rom has turned it into a useless paperweight.

Check my signature for ntrboot flashcart options. If you can't buy the recommended R4i Gold 3DS Plus, you'll need another working (2/3)DS(i)(XL/LL)(phat/lite) system to reflash the shitty R4iSDHC series in ntrboot mode.

E1ite007 likes this.
  5. LinusRG
    OP

LinusRG GBAtemp Regular

Jun 7, 2017
    Canada
    no it hasn't I am now using the R4I Revolution INSTEAD of the R4 revolution. AND THE R4I revolution is SUPPORTED. (AKA I AM USING A DIFFERENT CARD THAN BEFORE)

6. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Addict

May 27, 2011
    Canada
    You have both the R4i Gold in the title and R4 rev in your description. It does get a bit confusing what one you are actually using.

TurdPooCharger and alexander1970 like this.
  7. LinusRG
    OP

LinusRG GBAtemp Regular

Jun 7, 2017
    Canada
    Sorry it is the r4i revolution (just it falls under the r4i gold category when flashing ntrboot)

8. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh.

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    You need to be more clear which one it is you're referring to. Just because a random DS flashcart looks similiar to another flashcart on the ntrboot list doesn't make that model ntrboot compatible.

The ultimate list of NTRBoot compatible flashcards

Only one ntrboot flashcart looks like the R4 Revolution for DS (website not listed) that you linked to the other thread, and this one is not referred as the "R4i Revolution".

The only other flashcart in the 3ds.hacks.guide ntrboot page that fits the description is the R4 3D Revolution (www.r4idsn.com).

Which one do you have?
    Post a clear picture of your actual flashcart.

Technicmaster0 likes this.
  9. LinusRG
    OP

LinusRG GBAtemp Regular

Jun 7, 2017
    Canada
    I have the same on as the one from the r4i ultra website but mine is from r4ids.com (but I think the website changed to r4ids.cn) Also my r4i card the same one that is in your first picture uses the r4i gold 3ds rev 4 flashrom so the cart itself is technically an r4i gold card.

Last edited by LinusRG, Nov 23, 2019
  10. LinusRG
    OP

LinusRG GBAtemp Regular

Jun 7, 2017
    Canada
    I have the same one as the card from r4i ultra except it is from r4ids.com (which is now probably r4ids.cn) Also it uses the r4i gold 3ds rev 4 flash rom meaning it is technically an r4i gold card.

11. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh.

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    Your flashcart made by (www.r4ids.com) is not the same as (www.r4ids.cn). In fact, here's someone who tried and failed to use (r4ids.cn) kernel on their (r4ids.com) flashcart.

Basically as was said many times before,

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted