Homebrew Flashed NTRBOOT TO R4I Gold but 3ds will not boot into ntrmode

LinusRG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
have ntr mode setup up properly but 3ds will not boot into it. Using R4I Revolution. Which is supported. I use the right button combo and everything.

Last edited by LinusRG,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As others have told you before in your previous thread,
the R4 Revolution model you pointed out from this other thread,
is not an ntrboot compatible DS flashcart.

Reflashing that flashcart with ntrboot rom has turned it into a useless paperweight.

Check my signature for ntrboot flashcart options. If you can't buy the recommended R4i Gold 3DS Plus, you'll need another working (2/3)DS(i)(XL/LL)(phat/lite) system to reflash the shitty R4iSDHC series in ntrboot mode.

Reactions: E1ite007

LinusRG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
no it hasn't I am now using the R4I Revolution INSTEAD of the R4 revolution. AND THE R4I revolution is SUPPORTED. (AKA I AM USING A DIFFERENT CARD THAN BEFORE)

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
no it hasn't I am now using the R4I Revolution INSTEAD of the R4 revolution. AND THE R4I revolution is SUPPORTED. (AKA I AM USING A DIFFERENT CARD THAN BEFORE)
You have both the R4i Gold in the title and R4 rev in your description. It does get a bit confusing what one you are actually using.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to be more clear which one it is you're referring to. Just because a random DS flashcart looks similiar to another flashcart on the ntrboot list doesn't make that model ntrboot compatible.

The ultimate list of NTRBoot compatible flashcards

Only one ntrboot flashcart looks like the R4 Revolution for DS (website not listed) that you linked to the other thread, and this one is not referred as the "R4i Revolution".

R4i Ultra (r4ultra.com)
This is a rebrand of the Acekard 2.i (acekard.com). Make sure that your flashcard has the URL "r4ultra.com" and not another domain.
ElTxEA8.png

The only other flashcart in the 3ds.hacks.guide ntrboot page that fits the description is the R4 3D Revolution (www.r4idsn.com).

R4i 3D Revolution for DS (r4idsn.com)
This is a rebrand of the R4i Gold 3DS (RTS) from r4ids.cn.

xva8voM.png

Which one do you have?
Post a clear picture of your actual flashcart.

Reactions: Technicmaster0

LinusRG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have the same on as the one from the r4i ultra website but mine is from r4ids.com (but I think the website changed to r4ids.cn) Also my r4i card the same one that is in your first picture uses the r4i gold 3ds rev 4 flashrom so the cart itself is technically an r4i gold card.

Last edited by LinusRG,

LinusRG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You need to be more clear which one it is you're referring to. Just because a random DS flashcart looks similiar to another flashcart on the ntrboot list doesn't make that model ntrboot compatible.

Only one ntrboot flashcart looks like the R4 Revolution for DS (website not listed) that you linked to the other thread, and this one is not referred as the "R4i Revolution".

The only other flashcart in the 3ds.hacks.guide ntrboot page that fits the description is the R4 3D Revolution (www.r4idsn.com).

Which one do you have?

Which one do you have?

Which one do you have?
I have the same one as the card from r4i ultra except it is from r4ids.com (which is now probably r4ids.cn) Also it uses the r4i gold 3ds rev 4 flash rom meaning it is technically an r4i gold card.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same one as the card from r4i ultra except it is from r4ids.com (which is now probably r4ids.cn) Also it uses the r4i gold 3ds rev 4 flash rom meaning it is technically an r4i gold card.

Your flashcart made by (www.r4ids.com) is not the same as (www.r4ids.cn). In fact, here's someone who tried and failed to use (r4ids.cn) kernel on their (r4ids.com) flashcart.

Basically as was said many times before,

Since the question "is XXX ntrboot compatible" comes up way too often and since there was/is much missinformation (even in the "holy guide"), I decided to make a list of all flashcards currently known to be ntrboot compatible.
Only flashcards from the specified websites are supported. Cards from similar websites are not supported.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: