Glassed Silver

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey guys,

man, I've been out of the loop forever, so I'll appreciate all the help that I can get, reading up on 360 modding made my head spin, especially as I want to make sure I can get the best mod for what I have, which by now might not be considered in most guides.

I have a trusty Jasper 360 sitting here which got it's drive flashed (bought it like that) and I had its flash updated for some dashboard version to be able to play later games again at some point.
I have't touched this console in like 4 or 5 years, so I would love to know, which mod is the best I can give to it?
I would love to be able to play games from external drives, maybe the internal drive as well, homebrew and whatever else I might not think of.

Oh and it'd be nice if I could update the dashboard without having to flash the drive again if that's possible? Because I got that done from the shop that sold me my console, and I would much prefer not having to send it in again and wait and of course pay for everything.

Console details:
D: 2.0.12625.0 (K: same version) BK: 2.0.1888.0
Model: Jasper
Manufactured: 2009-09-21

I'm rather tech savvy and not afraid to use my iron if needed, also, mods that I can get done myself are much preferred.

Thanks a lot in advance, guys!

PS: I do believe I still have the drive key somewhere? I don't know, the seller certainly gave me something along with the console on a disk. Probably the stock firmware + key.
Bonus: the mod will let me copy/move copy-protected game saves. (who the fuck thought this was a good idea? Jesus Christ...)

Last edited by Glassed Silver,

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Unfortunately not.
Dash 13147 will update your DVD drive firmware so you'll have to flash back to stock first and then update the console.
After that, you'll need to flash LT 3.0 to your DVD drive.

I'd suggest downloading Jungleflasher.
It comes with a manual on how to flash it.

You just need a compatible SATA chipset in your PC to do this.

Glassed Silver

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok, that'd be the flash covered, how about a mod like R-JTAG or RGH though?

And where would I buy a compatible adapter? I heard about a specific one, but it's around 60 bucks?
I'd need a USB adapter, as my computer is an all-in-one.

Oh and do I even need to flash my drive if I'm going to mod my console with something like an RGH or R-JTAG?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you don't update, you can use RGH-1.
A cheap Coolrunner would do the trick.
If you do update then a CR4 XL must be used.
There's a clone glitch chip called 360 ace I believe, that also works (seeing the last batch of CR4XL where bad) but I highly prefer TX hardware.

You'll need a NAND-X or JR Programmer to dump the NAND tho.

If you want to rip the burnt discs to your HDD then yes, you do need to have your drive flashed.
Otherwise it's not needed at all.

Edit: I believe it's this modchip.

Last edited by DinohScene,

Glassed Silver

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm from Germany, where would I best get an original TX chip from? (1)
And does it come with all the wires I need? (2)

And I read you can't tell only by the dash version which mod you can install, you have to dump the NAND first, is that true for my dash version as well? (3)

I suppose whatever mod I do do, I'll still use the same chip, but with different wiring, no? (I believe I read something like that) (4)

Oh and as for the dumping NAND part:
So there's two devices I can use, but which one would you recommend? Does one offer more functionality than the other? Are they priced differently?
Also, where would I best get those? (5)

Sorry for all the questions, but I wanna make sure I follow along correctly and don't get screwed by using an old guide that's not applicable for my exact hardware or something, you know?

Oh and I take it I can flash my drive anytime later on still, right? It's already flashed, so if I install a modchip and don't update, but run a later dash from the modchip it'll still update my drive and lose me the drive flash, right? (6)

Thanks a lot so far!

PS: Numbered my questions for easy reference.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
1. I believe the TX website has an updated list of official resellers.
2. Yep it does.
3. RGH doesn't matter, but for RGH 1 (the most reliable and effective one you shouldn't update past 14699.
4. Yup, tho clone chips might not have easily available install schematics.
5. NAND-X might not be available anymore, JR Programmer is.
They both do the exact same thing and should cost ~20 quid each.
6. Yep, you can't avoid that unfortunately.
Then again, if you chose to go the RGH route, your DVD drive will practically go unused, except for playing games from DVD, which kinda defeats the RGH seeing you got the option to upgrade your internal drive to a 2TB one (providing they are the same thickness of a laptop drive, I believe 12mm max) as well as the option to load games from an external (I prefer internal)

If you're willing to attempt this yourself, I'd say take a look at this.
RGH 1.2 just seems like the best solution right now.

(I need to get back to the 360 scene, at least the hardware site of it and update meself again on it. ;p)

Reactions: Glassed Silver

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Fair enough.
The more I dive into that chip, the more positive results I dig up.

I've been out of it for a while so I'm not as updated anymore on the hardware side of it.
TX has a bad PR but their products are (well used to be) top quality.

Reactions: Glassed Silver

Glassed Silver

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks a lot for the replies! I'll get to this sometime next month I think.
I have other expenses coming up for this month, but I can't wait to give my 360 some new love! :)

Anyhow, why RGH 1.2 if I could do the RGH 1 mod on my console?

As for time consuming, well as long as I don't have to wait a long time for a possibly needed replacement chip I don't care. I'm very patient and cautious, so going slow doesn't matter to me, especially since this is a one-off thing.
Well, or just not something I'd do very often, maybe I'll get myself a couple of spare 360s some day and mod those too.
Always good to have backup consoles laying around if you're a collector and all-gen gamer.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
RGH 1.2 has almost the same level of success and speed as RGH 2.
RGH 1 can be achieved with a first generation Coolrunner.
The difference is in the dash version.
Any dash under 14699 should use RGH 1 (as it's the most successful)
Dashes above 14699 should use RGH 1.2

That I tend to agree with ;p

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: BORN 2 GAME FORCED 2 PAY