Flashed an Acekard 2i for 3DS, can play on 3DS, but can't play on

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by taro_k, Jul 5, 2012.

1. taro_k
    OP

taro_k Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2012
    Taiwan
    I am in a situation where I have flashed an Acekard 2i to be compatible with 3DS. Been playing on my 3DS for some time, until I decided to play on my NDSL while 3DS is charging. This is where it gets unusual for me, and I'm not sure if anyone else had such a problem.

All I did was I took out my Acekard 2i as carefully as possible, then put the Acekard into my NDSL. Turned on the NDSL, and I didn't see any signs that Acekard has been detected.

I am thinking that when you flash your Acekard to 3DS, it is permanently compatible only for 3DS. Will I be able to reflash my Acekard so that it can be compatible for NDSL? By reflashing, I mean by using the Acekard update for DSXL and DSi and flash the card with the firmware.

I am a bit worried about the answer.

2. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
  3. taro_k
    OP

taro_k Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2012
    Taiwan
    If 3DS can still detect the Acekard, but NDSL can not detect it, does that still counts as a contact issue?

Just tested the Acekard on 3DS, and I play just fine.

4. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    If your Acekard 2i works with your 3DS, then it should work with every DS/DSi system out there (note: the Acekard 2i currently does not work with 3DS software update 4.2.0-9). If it's not working on the NDSL, then it is likely dirty or another contact issue.

5. taro_k
    OP

taro_k Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2012
    Taiwan
    Ok, I see. Thanks for the clarification.

6. EyeZ

EyeZ GBAtemp Addict

Dec 4, 2009
    Yes, it still could be a contact issue with your NDSL