Flashcarts outdoors

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by R2DJ, Feb 27, 2010.

Feb 27, 2010

Flashcarts outdoors by R2DJ at 2:43 PM (976 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. R2DJ
    OP

Member R2DJ GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    It's a slight concern that I'm having. Well, in two weeks, GAME (a UK store) will be distributing Arceus for people who have D/P/Pt. I am so thrilled as it is the only Pokemon missing in my Dex (yes, I prefer getting them legitimately) and it's the Arceus that will unlock the Shinto ruins in HG/SS. Of course, this would mean that I have to go to the store to get Arceus.

Now, I play most DS games on my Acekard. My concern is if it's actually safe to bring and use flash carts in stores. I wanna get the Arceus; at the same time, the staff in that store might do some "inspection" which is highly unlikely, but you never know...

My question is: has anyone actually done this kind of thing (went to a game store to take advantage of a promo i.e. getting exclusive stuff involving flash carts)? This is also important for me because more people are now aware of the flash cart scene and, by the time I get there I may hear the dreaded words (may I check your DS for a sec) - again, could be HIGHLY unlikely...

P.S. for the people who want more info on the event - Link

2. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    Ive done this twice:
    Once with my dstt and once with my acekard 2i
    dstt:saw the white card and said its illegal and told me to get the real game
    acekard:didnt notice and I got the pokemon(Darkrai)

3. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    Put apiece of tape over the DS Slot-1 and say the mechanism to hold the cart in is broken

4. R2DJ
    OP

United Kingdom
    Hey that's exactly what I thought! But which would be less suspicious - covering the whole of Slot-1 or covering the microSD area of my Acekard?

5. Aeladya

Member Aeladya *mistressOFtheCLOW

United States
    I know where I'm from the guy at Gamestop was all ticked off because my sister had an R4. I told him that it was so she could play MP3's on her DS. I hid behind the counter when changing my games so he didn't see my Acekard 2i. Dunno why he was so upset...we both went in there to put down money on HG/SS...I finished paying off mine and my sister put the deposit on hers...we paid for the game...dumb ass prick...

Anyway I doubt they're gonna call the cops on you. I wouldn't worry too much about it. You could put in another game cart if you want to so when they check your DS it doesn't have the flashcard in it...then just switch it out when they're done if they inspect it [​IMG].

6. Kinqdra

Member Kinqdra GBAtemp's Official T-shirt

Croatia
    well on some events you don't really have to go in, I mean if they give it away wireless, just stand outside near to the shop and try to get some signal.

7. o0ICE0o

Member o0ICE0o GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Act like your looking for a game, then just ninja the ds out.

8. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    You can download the Distro rom (if it releases) and use it as well. But that means two DS's...

I brought an AceKard to a Gamestop, but no one ever noticed. I sort of stood in the corner where they had the game demos.

You can also stand outside the store and do it.

Edit: 222nd post! WOOT!

9. Dangy

Member Dangy Twisting Your Mind & Smashing Your Dreams

United States
    I went into a Gamestop with my DS Phat, too see how much I could trade it in for, and I almost forgot to pull out my TTDS. Lawl.

10. Kinqdra

Member Kinqdra GBAtemp's Official T-shirt

Croatia
    Hey! I said that first!
    jk xD

11. Sumea

Member Sumea Disco Ninja Frog

Finland
    Somehow I see this being really fun reason why the sleek sideloaded µSD slot in M3i could win some props... Just saying (if the cart itself looks normal outside)

BTW, none of these happen in finland, but isn't it just a download box? You could also download it outside the shop unless you need to give it to the receipents.

12. R2DJ
    OP

United Kingdom
    I have never been into one, hence the concern...

And yeah, this is one of the best times to have an M3... Would they pop the cart out to check? Nah...like my Acekard, I may just strip the sticker off [​IMG]

13. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    Done this a bunch of times, with a DSTT and a DSonei, both white cards, they never said anything about it.