Hacking Flashcarts help/choosing

placebooooo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone. My 3ds xl will soon be arriving in the mail on monday :) I also ordered super mario 3d land as a game to start out with.
Ive been looking into gateway 3ds and other flashcarts lately and i have a few simple questions:

1-)I heard there are two gateway cards,red and blue? I heard the red is for the 3ds games and the blue is for ds games. if I order the gateway 3ds card will both cards be included (both the red and blue cards)?

2-)Im looking to buy a flashcart to play ds games for my 3ds xl. when browsing the gateway 3ds website it recommended these flashcarts:

http://www.3ds-flashcart.com/ace3ds-plus-for-3ds-51011-dsi-xl-145-brand-new-p-245.html

http://www.3ds-flashcart.com/r4i-gold-pro-2013-for-3ds-ndsi-xldsi-ndsl-nds-p-259.html

Which one of those two do you suggest I buy? I know the ace 3ds is 10 bux which is grabbing my
attention.

3-)is this a known issue and WILL it occur with the 3ds xl: both r4 cards i had would require me to insert them in the ds lite more than once for them to function. they would almost never work from the first time i inserted them in the ds lite system. this was very annoying and i was wondering if this would be the same with r4 cards/gateway cards on the 3ds xl?

ps:Ive been told that the dstwo card is the best but i dont have 40 bux. Im totally drained. And Ive had two r4s in my lifetime. I believe the first was an original but it got messed up ( broke in 2 halves ). and the second r4 card which i bought a few months ago doesnt support the 3ds and its rom compatibility isnt so good...( it turned out to be a clone :( ). Well id like to ask: would the ace 3ds plus for 3ds xl be good for now?

Sorry for the long post everyone. I appreciate the help! :)

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
1 - Both are included.

2 - Both of those suck. Read the stickies to find what's suggested based on experience (and not resellers/money).
http://gbatemp.net/t290097-which-flash-cart-should-i-get
Don't buy a cart just because it's cheap, because you likely WILL have to buy ANOTHER cart when that one stops working.

3 - Contact issues aren't uncommon with flash carts in general, but it's usually not that bad.

If you don't like clones, then don't buy Ace and the R4i Gold Pro. Ace is using hacked Wood (not actual Wood), and the "Pro" is a clone, NOT made by the R4i Gold team.

placebooooo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the quick reply!

from what you're saying I might save up to buy a dstwo card then.

soon though, I am looking to buy a 3ds gateway card (just waiting for updates). would you suggest that I just wait and get the blue gateway card along with the red one when i order the gateway card? (maybe that way I can save 40 bux on the dstwo)

dreams062

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
just go with a dstwo for the moment bro and wait a little bit more before you buy a 3dsgateway ( personally I'm waiting if any other team to come out with there own 3ds card)

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the quick reply!

from what you're saying I might save up to buy a dstwo card then.

soon though, I am looking to buy a 3ds gateway card (just waiting for updates). would you suggest that I just wait and get the blue gateway card along with the red one when i order the gateway card? (maybe that way I can save 40 bux on the dstwo)

When you buy the gateway it comes with both cards.

placebooooo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States

placebooooo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I appreciate your help. the r4s seem a little bit different as the link i posted has the 6.1 star on the r4 and the one you posted doesnt. Also the r4 i posted doesnt have any china type of writing on it while the one you posted does. are they the same despite the small differences? And finally the question i never asked: what firmware am i expecting on my 3ds xl?

Louism92

Trophies
XP
Country
I probably will be updating my 3ds xl and i might wait until the gateway card is supported on higher firmware.
for now this is what im thinking of buying for my 3ds xl on the highest firmware:

http://www.3ds-flashcart.com/wood-r4i-gold-3ds-for-3ds-xl-v62012-ds-dsi-xl-v145-p-183.html

*just want to make sure the site is safe to order from, card is genuine, and card will at least last a few months until gateway purchase*

Wouldn't bother with an R4, too many people report problems with them in terms of updates

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
The sticker thing is just about the firmware model, the carts change and the stickers change, sometimes one does and the other doesn't. As long as you don't plan to update it should be fine.

As for what to expect on the 3DS, it'll depend on what exactly you order from where, but if it comes with higher than 4.5 you won't be able to downgrade it.

placebooooo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I ask too much. So basically both links you and I posted indicate the SAME exact r4i gold 3ds rts correct? because i dont mind the slow shipping if its cheaper its better for now.

and i wont need an original ds lite in order to update the r4igold 3ds rts card correct? (i do not own a ds lite )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs