Flashcarts, Flashme, and NoFlashMe.

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by imgod22222, Feb 3, 2007.

1. imgod22222
    OP

imgod22222 GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member

Jul 5, 2006
    United States
    Ok, right now I have a flashed DS, with an R4 in the top slot, and a SC SD in the bottom.
    When i turn on the DS, it goes straight to the supercard.
    If i turn on the DS while holding select, it does the little DS logo thing (sound: da-ding-dah-ding...) then boots the R4 menu.
    If i use noFlashme, would it do the little DS logo thing, and boot straight to the R4 menu, or go to the firmware menu first?
    ALSO: is there a version of flashme that does not load the slot-2 first and still has the recovery mode in case of a bricker?
    thnx.

2. what2

what2 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 10, 2006
    yeah, I was kinda annoyed that I had to hold select to boot the r4 with an sc in the slot. But then, chishm made a custom 1.70 firmware for the sc lite and it pretty much allows you to "skip" the sc lite boot-up even with flashme installed. Now you'll need a pass key device (the one in the r4 works) to boot the sc in nds mode. pretty much, the my sc lite now works like a real gba cartidge. btw, I think he's making one for the scsd as well.

Link here:
    http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?p=117285

3. imgod22222
    OP

Jul 5, 2006
    United States
    yeah, but i think now the latest SC firmware is 1.73b [​IMG] I really don't want to downgrade and lose ROM compat again...

4. what2

what2 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 10, 2006
    the latest IS 1.70. isn't 1.63 the older one?

5. imgod22222
    OP

Jul 5, 2006
    United States
    :S I don't know, i haven't had a look at their site in a long time.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice