Flashcarts, Flashme, and NoFlashMe.

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by imgod22222, Feb 3, 2007.

Feb 3, 2007
  1. imgod22222
    OP

Member imgod22222 GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member

United States
    Ok, right now I have a flashed DS, with an R4 in the top slot, and a SC SD in the bottom.
    When i turn on the DS, it goes straight to the supercard.
    If i turn on the DS while holding select, it does the little DS logo thing (sound: da-ding-dah-ding...) then boots the R4 menu.
    If i use noFlashme, would it do the little DS logo thing, and boot straight to the R4 menu, or go to the firmware menu first?
    ALSO: is there a version of flashme that does not load the slot-2 first and still has the recovery mode in case of a bricker?
    thnx.

2. what2

Newcomer what2 Member

yeah, I was kinda annoyed that I had to hold select to boot the r4 with an sc in the slot. But then, chishm made a custom 1.70 firmware for the sc lite and it pretty much allows you to "skip" the sc lite boot-up even with flashme installed. Now you'll need a pass key device (the one in the r4 works) to boot the sc in nds mode. pretty much, the my sc lite now works like a real gba cartidge. btw, I think he's making one for the scsd as well.

Link here:
    http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?p=117285

3. imgod22222
    OP

United States
    yeah, but i think now the latest SC firmware is 1.73b [​IMG] I really don't want to downgrade and lose ROM compat again...

4. what2

Newcomer what2 Member

the latest IS 1.70. isn't 1.63 the older one?

5. imgod22222
    OP

United States
    :S I don't know, i haven't had a look at their site in a long time.