Gaming Flashcarts and Pokemon Bank

DQScott95

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will I be able to transfer pokemon over from my Heartgold game that I have on my Supercars DSTWO or do I need a retail cart?

lordofthereef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't even need a dongle (if you have a DS Phat/Lite). Just get this nice tool and you are good to go.

Are there instruction on how to use this thing? I have a DS phat but have no idea what to do with this lol.

EDIT: I am understanding correctly that this allows flashing a game save onto a retail cart, right?

EDIT2: instruction are in the pdf lol. My bad!

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you friend has retail 4th gen game. then just trade your pokemon to your friend's game, and then poketransfer them to a retail 5th gen game and then you can pokebank them.

Naridar

Excelsior!
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
On a different note, do flash carts have anything of the savegame ROM sort? What happened if I tried flashing a savegame with the tool mentioned above to let's say, an R4 or another flashcart?

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
On a different note, do flash carts have anything of the savegame ROM sort? What happened if I tried flashing a savegame with the tool mentioned above to let's say, an R4 or another flashcart?
If you're just transferring a save file from one flashcart to another, you could just take the .sav file and move it over to the microSD card of the other. If you're using the tool to get the save from a retail cart, I'm assuming it generates the .sav file which should work fine with a ROM.

Naridar

Excelsior!
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
If you're just transferring a save file from one flashcart to another, you could just take the .sav file and move it over to the microSD card of the other. If you're using the tool to get the save from a retail cart, I'm assuming it generates the .sav file which should work fine with a ROM.

That wasn't what I was getting at, the goal is not to copy a save between flashcarts, but to make use of a ROM's .sav file without a retail cart (Pokemon b/w/b2/w2 still costs over 50$ worth of HUF here). Basically to insert a flashcart instead of a retail cart in the .sav flasher.

lordofthereef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That wasn't what I was getting at, the goal is not to copy a save between flashcarts, but to make use of a ROM's .sav file without a retail cart (Pokemon b/w/b2/w2 still costs over 50$ worth of HUF here). Basically to insert a flashcart instead of a retail cart in the .sav flasher.

You can't do that, because of the way poke bank works. You need a legit cart. However, once you have one, you can move saves back and forth.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, that's not possible. You need to transfer the .sav to a legit cart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: They see me trolling, they hating, cause I'm all angry and verbally abusive lol