Flashcart that plays DS games on 3DS?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by anonuser333, May 24, 2015.

1. anonuser333
    OP

anonuser333 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 24, 2015
    Hi guys,
    I am new to 3DS and flashcarts since I only just got a 3DS last week.

I want to be able to play DS roms on my 3ds using a flashcart that is not too expensive.
    Which are my options and which one do you guys recommend.

Also if you could also post a link from which I can buy it from it would be cool.

p.s I live in Australia. and I have the original 3DS with firmware 8.1

2. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
  3. Shinigati

Shinigati GBAtemp Regular

Oct 31, 2012
    DS Two is probably the best ds flashcard on the market and hasn't been blocked for a very long time now and even if you do accidentally update the 3ds after nintendo blocks it from working you can still update the flashcard to work even if you get that black screen error.

4. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    you got outdated info..
    first being "on the market" dstwo yes it is the best ds flashcart. but its no longuer being produced... it is now hard to find. they are out of stock on most places... and other places they are sell it too much expensive...

second. since the firmware "7.something" they stopped block any cards. most r4 cards available now are not blocked, if the card worked on the firmware 8.x the update thing is now useless because.. well.. you only needed to update the firmware to unblock it.. which is not a thing anymore...

5. Shinigati

Shinigati GBAtemp Regular

Oct 31, 2012
    Well i guess i should research next time then... sorry but i still own my ds two and had no idea they had become rare and expensive, i knew that the firmware is kinda irrelevant now at this stage but seeing as op is new to the ds/3ds hacking scene, if nintendo suddenly decided to start blocking a couple of them again sometime in the future (altho its highly unlikely but not impossible) OP could be left with a card that won't even work again if he updated that's why i recommended the ds two. obviously now though, an r4i would be the best option.

migles likes this.
  6. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-atorâ„¢

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    Get the r4ids.cn not the one with SDHC in the name, it is crap.