Flashcart stopped you from buying games?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by lickmy, Dec 31, 2006.

?
  1. Yes - One

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes - 2-4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes - 5+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I've received some games as gifts

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. lickmy
    OP

lickmy Member

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2006
    Afghanistan
    Just curious about everyone here who's a flashcart owner (Most of us [​IMG]). Have you gotten any retail games since getting yours? Why? Was there any game you just felt absolutely compelled to own a copy of? Have you bought any games simply because of incompatibility with your flashcart?

ps. please don't vote if you don't own a flashcart!

2. juggernaut911

juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!

Jul 13, 2006
    United States
    i will only buy the best of the best games when i get my G6!! [​IMG]

3. Vulpix

Vulpix Newbie

Same here. I only buy games which are worth the money. Games that have little to zero effort will not get my money.

4. RyuKakashi

RyuKakashi GBAtemp Fan

Mar 18, 2006
    United States
    It's unfortunate that there are so many DS games worth playing but not buying.

But I assume most of you have bought trauma center/phoenix wright/mario kart/new super mario/castlevanias/warioware/ouendan/eba
    and that's all that matters.

I feel sorry for anyone that had to buy that's so raven.

5. sixb0nes

sixb0nes GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2006
    Belgium
    mario kart ds is the only game I've ever bought, which was before I got my g6. since then i've never looked back.

6. adgloride

adgloride Its A Wii Wario

Apr 2, 2003
    I've had the supercard since the beginning when it started to play DS roms. 32mb roms only and you had to save to a DS game with the same save size [​IMG] I still buy the games but refuse to pay full price. Not just on nintendo games, any games. They are far too over priced.

I get them when I see them in the shops second hand at a good price. I also look at websites to see if they have any special offers on the games. Buy 2 for £25 or somewhere like amazon that sometimes sell the xbox games for about £3 each new. I do buy the odd new game, but it has to be a game I really want.

7. Gifted1

Gifted1 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 26, 2006
    United States
    I only buy games that I absolutely love and play all the time. And because I'm the type of person who gets tired of games real quickly, I dont buy games much. That's also thanks to me getting my M3. Now I can try out as many games as I want and if I cant play it more than 3 days in a row then I aint buying it.

8. leetage

leetage Member

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2006
    Sold my Ds games since i got my G6. The only other real ds game i will but is pokemon pearl.

9. DarkAbyss

DarkAbyss Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2006
    have yet to buy one game for my DS.. what can i say.. i am just plain cheap.. plus i dun think it's worthwild as i have yet to be engrossed to any game except for Osuden for more than 5 hours

10. Psyfira

Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

Dec 31, 2003
    England
    I'm going to attempt to get a DS on Tuesday (yay!). For the moment I'm buying games (under RRP or second-hand), but being the owner of an old flashcart that (I think) can only hold 1 DS game at a time I don't think it's fair to actually vote.

And when Tesco.com are selling Trauma Center for the ridiculously cheap price of £9.97 I'm certainly not complaining [​IMG] UK buyers should definitely check out that site, they've got lots of DS titles under £20 on there.

11. wohoo

wohoo GBAtemp Fan

Dec 6, 2005
    Uppsala
    lallalalalalalalalaallalalalalalala "ENJOY PIRACY!"

12. Harsky

Harsky Madmin

Aug 2, 2004
    I bought Phoenix Wright AFTER I completed it on the flashcart which is something I never did before.

13. Kurai

Kurai GBAtemp Regular

Dec 27, 2006
    I mainly buy games like if there A+ otherwise i will just use my flash cart clock the game, and if i didn't like it. I won't buy it D:

14. Samutz

Samutz Wet Tissue Sample

Oct 4, 2004
    United States
    See that hole in your wall?
    I never bought a single DS game before or after. Me and friend were talking about getting DS's(es?) and flashcarts for several months. Then one day I finally decided to just do it and ordered both at the same time.

15. tetsuya

tetsuya GBAtemp Regular

Oct 20, 2006
    Inside my house
    No it hasnt stop me. I only buy games that I really like. Although, the last game I bought was megaman zx. Lately no ds game really interest me.

16. Covarr

Covarr Sentient Cash Register

Oct 21, 2005
    United States
    Far East of Eden
    I voted no, I haven't bought any DS games since I got my flash cart, but only because I just got the thing, and it'll be a little while before I have any money again.

17. kikapo_O

kikapo_O Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 30, 2006
    Malaysia
    did't buy a game after I recieved my m3 ^^ And I think im not gonna buy any because loading on m3 is much more easier [​IMG]

18. tehcamel

tehcamel GBAtemp Regular

Nov 30, 2006
    United States
    i bought mario superstars for the mini games and then got a superkey+supercard shortly after.
    after flashing my nds it then became my sleep mode cart
    then i realized that i never use sleep mode
    and i sold it.

i almost bought castlevania por
    and i bought ff III however i played it for a few minutes and thought it was crap so i traded it in for mario. playing it again now on the flashcart i realize how stupid of a decision that was for i would probabally still own that game if i gave it chance.

19. walkir

walkir Child of Darkness

Nov 12, 2002
    Stockholm
    I voted 5+ since I still buy all games worth the money.

My games so far:
    Animal Crossing: Wild World
    Mario 64 DS
    Mario Kart DS
    Metroid Prime Hunters
    Nintendogs
    Star Fox Command
    Zoo Keeper (my sleep mode card [​IMG]) (Eurotrash release)

All my games are imported except for Zoo Keeper. The price of the games in Europe is just too high and releases too slow [​IMG]. The ugly case design in Europe doesn't help either.

I will soon import Final Fantasy III, but don't really know where to buy games after Lik-Sang got shut down.

20. tehcamel

tehcamel GBAtemp Regular

Nov 30, 2006
    United States
    irc [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice