Flashcart Sellers that ship from the US?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by DreiGenesis, Sep 6, 2015.

1. DreiGenesis
    OP

DreiGenesis Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2015
    United States
    Anyone know any? I'm really impatient and don't wanna wait a month for it to ship from China.

2. azublazer

azublazer GBAtemp Regular

Feb 3, 2015
    United States
    PeachDS.com They ship Priority mail and they're the cheapest around. And they accept Paypal. I've received all of my orders within 3~5 days from them.

3. DreiGenesis
    OP

DreiGenesis Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2015
    United States
    just ordered, waiting for invoice, hopefully this works out well, thank you very much brother :)

4. azublazer

Feb 3, 2015
    United States
    Bruh, you have no idea. I will NEVER buy from a Chinese reseller again. I've had orders lost in the mail, I've had orders that have taken months and also they're more expensive than PeachDS. Like I said, never again. I've ordered a Sky3DS and several R4 cards from Peach and have been beyond satisfied every time. Can't say enough good things about them.

5. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    But the R4 card they sell is bullshit.

6. azublazer

Feb 3, 2015
    United States
    Lol, ok. You've never even used it, how is it shit? It works just as well as any R4 out there, and it's a legit R4.

7. Technicmaster0

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    I used it. It's the same like the 2014 one which I own (they only updated the sticker and the package). And it's crap. It's not a legit R4 since there are almost no legit R4s any more (the only legit one supported up to 2GB MicroSDs maximum and only worked with original DS/DS Lite). But it doesn't work like every R4: it has this weired power saving function which turns off the screens, only has up to 4 themes, the menu is extremly slow and the ROM support when using RTS/Softreset is just bullshit.

The card is bullshit and everyone should better buy an R4i Gold 3DS RTS (r4ids.cn).

Proof that I own the cards:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

/edit
    Even the official GBATemp staff shares my opinion (even if both reviews are outdated):
    R4i Gold 3DS RTS Review: https://gbatemp.net/threads/r4i-gold-3ds-compatible-review.293386/ - golden award
    R4i-sdhc.com Review (same team as r4isdhc.com): https://gbatemp.net/threads/r4i-sdhc-3ds-revision.309512/ - No award (and yeah, the review is a bit broken).

Last edited by Technicmaster0, Sep 6, 2015
  8. q9p

q9p GBAtemp Regular

Aug 14, 2015
    United States
    Pensacola, FL
    I recently purchased a cart from dsflashcart.com and I was given a priority shipping on mine. Here is some details on the purchase:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Megaben99

Megaben99 I'm not an intern. I'm a messenger of the Gods!

Mar 19, 2015
    United States
    Your flashcart is straight out of Compton.

q9p likes this.
  10. q9p

q9p GBAtemp Regular

Aug 14, 2015
    United States
    Pensacola, FL
    I made the same joke when taking the screenshot of my post.

11. DreiGenesis
    OP

DreiGenesis Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2015
    United States
    well shit, if Technicmaster is right I just blew $20

great. this is why i was so iffy about buying a flashcart.

12. Rezatron

Rezatron Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2012
    Canada
    You can disable this in the config menu ('Sleep off' option). The main kernel is "bad" but it works, loads and plays 99%+ of stuff if you have a properly formatted microSD. For stuff that doesn't work dual boot YSMenu which thanks to Retrogamefan's updates probably has better game compatibility now than Wood which hasn't been updated in 2 years. Hmm... :unsure:

This card plays all DS roms (see above) what do else you want. How did you "blow" $20? R4 Wood just has a faster and nicer looking menu and less issues with card fragmentation. Most people don't care above this (the ones that post in a forum like this do and make a stink about it).

13. DreiGenesis
    OP

DreiGenesis Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2015
    United States
    i just said if he's right man, if i get it and it works fine then i'll be happy about my purchase

14. Technicmaster0

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    It works. But there are better alternatives.

Wood didn't need to be updated because there were no new anti-piracy patches. The R4i kernel only gets updated because the menu has this damn time limit.
    I know that you can disable the sleep function but it's enabled by default.
    It only loads 99%+ of the games if you choose the right settings (enable/disable DMA, disable the realtime features for some games).
    In addition to that, it has some serious homebrew compatibility issues (no support for NitroFS without hbmenu, incompatible with 2/8 hbs I tested).
    And what's the sense of having YSMenu as alternative bootmenu? That's just uncompfortable/ consumes even more time.