hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Flashcart OS: Slot-1 Edition 1.1
Alternate flashcart GUI

TeenDev has released an update to his Flashcart OS replacement GUI, which now includes skinning support. Download below.

download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
Source

notnarb

Not narbing it up
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Seems like it could be awesome, but what carts does it allow? Features? Advantages? Disadvantages? Open source? Come on now "homebrew profit"
laugh.gif
. But seriously, teendev really should have released a features list (yes I checked the readme)

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like it could be awesome, but what carts does it allow? Features? Advantages? Disadvantages? Open source? Come on now "homebrew profit"Â
laugh.gif
. But seriously, teendev really should have released a features list (yes I checked the readme)

I'm gonna have to agree with notarb. What does this offer beyond what the R4/M3 Simply already has?

Just askin'......

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So what can we expect? Is this gonna be like Moonshell + DSO put together + alot more uberness? Maybe this will be the first homebrew with a "plugin system" that more than the developer actually uses.

D

Deleted User

This is just aimed at users who doo not have a nice FLashcart menu. Such as Games 'n' Music users and Neoflash, N-Card and such. Sorry about the feature list. I am making a SLot-2 version which is more like the M3 SLot-2s menu for cards like the SuperCard, GBAMP, and MMD.

Boots homebrew
Boots Moonshell
Boots to GBA.

D

Deleted User

Nice effort TeenDev! I probably won't be using this since it would render my R4 useless but it's great to see how far you can go and I also reckon many people who don't need ROMs will appreciate it.

zalman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is just aimed at users who doo not have a nice FLashcart menu. Such as Games 'n' Music users and Neoflash, N-Card and such. Sorry about the feature list. I am making a SLot-2 version which is more like the M3 SLot-2s menu for cards like the SuperCard, GBAMP, and MMD.

Boots homebrew
Boots Moonshell
Boots to GBA.
I know you're copying the R4/M3 Simply menu, but is there any reason not to add a "boots DSOrganize" button as well? Is it to maintain compatibility with R4/M3 Simply skins?

D

Deleted User

Boots homebrew
Boots Moonshell
Boots to GBA.

I know you're copying the R4/M3 Simply menu, but is there any reason not to add a "boots DSOrganize" button as well? Is it to maintain compatibility with R4/M3 Simply skins?

pretty much, but you know you could just rename DSOrganize to moonshell

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TeenDev, as you can see in my sig I only have a GBAMP and I would love it if you make a slot 2 OS for my GBAMP V2 CF. Right now I boot into DSO as my main menu and I would like a more modern looking skinnable OS. It would be a godsend if you could do this. I, unlike others, don't want it to boot ROMs as long as it boots GBA and NDS homebrew I would love it to death. Here's hoping luck to you on your project.

Kellicros

Trophies
XP
Country
I would think it is a good idea to replace the moonshell button in R4 with this little thing, but then again, it is kind of pointless if it is a duplicate of R4 firmware. :\

D

Deleted User

TeenDev, as you can see in my sig I only have a GBAMP and I would love it if you make a slot 2 OS for my GBAMP V2 CF. Right now I boot into DSO as my main menu and I would like a more modern looking skinnable OS. It would be a godsend if you could do this. I, unlike others, don't want it to boot ROMs as long as it boots GBA and NDS homebrew I would love it to death. Here's hoping luck to you on your project.

I aprciate the fact that people still use the GBAMP, I still love mine, and I will be making a Slo-2 version for GBAMP, MMD, and SuperCard Users. SO far I have skinning, .nds file booting, .mp3 playing, and .emc video playing. Its still kind of aplphaish right now though...

the problem is I want to finish FCOS1 before I start FCOS2 because they have different ARM7 needs and I use one pre-compiled arm7 binary. BUt I will get the FCOS2 out soon I promise... I'm tired of my ugly SuperCard and MMD interfaces, and I need one to use for my GBAMP.

Cefiro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Boots homebrew
Boots Moonshell
Boots to GBA.

Wah! I'll be waiting for the Slot-2 version. Mm, it doesn't boot commercial games?

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

I aprciate the fact that people still use the GBAMP, I still love mine, and I will be making a Slo-2 version for GBAMP, MMD, and SuperCard Users. SO far I have skinning, .nds file booting, .mp3 playing, and .emc video playing. Its still kind of aplphaish right now though...

the problem is I want to finish FCOS1 before I start FCOS2 because they have different ARM7 needs and I use one pre-compiled arm7 binary. BUt I will get the FCOS2 out soon I promise... I'm tired of my ugly SuperCard and MMD interfaces, and I need one to use for my GBAMP.
Thanks, I will be waiting for the release!
yaynds.gif
Ya, I still use my GBAMP for everything. Good quality, cheap, and can do it all! I don't think it will ever get replaced in my DSs GBA slot. GBAMP is a great device. Anyway, I hope you can finish your slot 1 OS soon as I am pretty sure all of us old slot 2 card users need a nice GUI badly. Here's hoping it can also boot .GBA homebrew. If that is even theoretically possible. Good luck!!
bow.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gonna love it when the next update blocks them