Flashcart OS: Slot-1 Edition 1.1

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Urza, Dec 13, 2007.

Dec 13, 2007

Flashcart OS: Slot-1 Edition 1.1 by Urza at 4:04 AM (2,908 Views / 0 Likes) 18 replies

1. Urza
    OP

Member Urza hi

United States
    Flashcart OS: Slot-1 Edition 1.1
    Alternate flashcart GUI

TeenDev has released an update to his Flashcart OS replacement GUI, which now includes skinning support. Download below.

[​IMG] Download
    [​IMG] Source

2. notnarb

Member notnarb Not narbing it up

Seems like it could be awesome, but what carts does it allow? Features? Advantages? Disadvantages? Open source? Come on now "homebrew profit" [​IMG]. But seriously, teendev really should have released a features list (yes I checked the readme)

3. rhyguy

Member rhyguy GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    looks pretty cool, but i'll only use it if it has download play 100%

4. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States

I'm gonna have to agree with notarb. What does this offer beyond what the R4/M3 Simply already has?

Just askin'......

5. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    ^ sarcasm or misunderstanding?

it doesn't play commercial roms.

6. notnarb

The latter. I'm guessing rom bootloading is what what moves the gray area of flashcarts towards the darker end?

7. imgod22222

Member imgod22222 GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member

United States
    So what can we expect? Is this gonna be like Moonshell + DSO put together + alot more uberness? Maybe this will be the first homebrew with a "plugin system" that more than the developer actually uses.

8. TeenDev

Member TeenDev GBAtemp's Original Hipster

United States
    This is just aimed at users who doo not have a nice FLashcart menu. Such as Games 'n' Music users and Neoflash, N-Card and such. Sorry about the feature list. I am making a SLot-2 version which is more like the M3 SLot-2s menu for cards like the SuperCard, GBAMP, and MMD.

Boots homebrew
    Boots Moonshell
    Boots to GBA.

9. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    I would love a Slot-2 version for my SuperCard, but that boots commercial games [​IMG]

10. euphemism

Member euphemism GBAtemp Regular

United States
    ...Look at his avatar.

11. Takeshi

Member Takeshi GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    Nice effort TeenDev! I probably won't be using this since it would render my R4 useless but it's great to see how far you can go and I also reckon many people who don't need ROMs will appreciate it.

12. notnarb

ah, I shoulda made the connection [​IMG] I'd probably do the same thing if I made an OS for flashcarts (and theres no way I'd trust the community to just dump their own games like I do)

13. zalman

Newcomer zalman Advanced Member

I know you're copying the R4/M3 Simply menu, but is there any reason not to add a "boots DSOrganize" button as well? Is it to maintain compatibility with R4/M3 Simply skins?

14. TeenDev

United States
    pretty much, but you know you could just rename DSOrganize to moonshell

15. golden

Member golden What a Digital Dummy!!!

United States
    TeenDev, as you can see in my sig I only have a GBAMP and I would love it if you make a slot 2 OS for my GBAMP V2 CF. Right now I boot into DSO as my main menu and I would like a more modern looking skinnable OS. It would be a godsend if you could do this. I, unlike others, don't want it to boot ROMs as long as it boots GBA and NDS homebrew I would love it to death. Here's hoping luck to you on your project.

16. Kellicros

Member Kellicros GBAtemp Fan

I would think it is a good idea to replace the moonshell button in R4 with this little thing, but then again, it is kind of pointless if it is a duplicate of R4 firmware. :\

17. TeenDev

United States
    I aprciate the fact that people still use the GBAMP, I still love mine, and I will be making a Slo-2 version for GBAMP, MMD, and SuperCard Users. SO far I have skinning, .nds file booting, .mp3 playing, and .emc video playing. Its still kind of aplphaish right now though...

the problem is I want to finish FCOS1 before I start FCOS2 because they have different ARM7 needs and I use one pre-compiled arm7 binary. BUt I will get the FCOS2 out soon I promise... I'm tired of my ugly SuperCard and MMD interfaces, and I need one to use for my GBAMP.

18. Cefiro

Newcomer Cefiro Advanced Member

Mexico
    Wah! I'll be waiting for the Slot-2 version. Mm, it doesn't boot commercial games?

19. golden

Member golden What a Digital Dummy!!!

United States
    Thanks, I will be waiting for the release! [​IMG] Ya, I still use my GBAMP for everything. Good quality, cheap, and can do it all! I don't think it will ever get replaced in my DSs GBA slot. GBAMP is a great device. Anyway, I hope you can finish your slot 1 OS soon as I am pretty sure all of us old slot 2 card users need a nice GUI badly. Here's hoping it can also boot .GBA homebrew. If that is even theoretically possible. Good luck!! [​IMG]