Hacking Flashcart of choice for dsl

Noob15

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey guys my sister broke my old cyclops ds.... don't even ask how T_T.

well i am looking for a new flash cart to use. there is no way that i will be upgrading to a dsi since it is at the end of its life with 3DS coming out soon, so what flash cart would you recommend me get for my next cart. I know (or hear) that cyclops isn't the best anymore (since i got it before i have ignored all the other brands), and have no idea whta to get.

I am using a sdhc card and would prefer to have as many features as possible so ya any ideas cause i looked through the info thread and am still not siure which would be best for me

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Hmm, Acekard 2.1 it's basically the Acekard2i but no DSi compatibility and cost $2 less.
Anyway the cyclops is expensive so you'd probably be willing to get a SuperCard.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
cardchart.gif

• DS / DS Lite
    The card will work on an original (fat) DS or a DS Lite.
  • DSi / DSi XL
    The card will work on a DSi or DSi XL as well.
  • Game Updates
    Firmware updates are what let cards play newer games, these are the life-blood of the card.
  • SDHC
    SDHC refers to SD cards larger than 2GB (gigabytes). If there's no SDHC support, you can only use SD cards up to 2GB.
  • WiFi Update
    The Acekard 2i can update it's cheats (and get minor bug fixes) over WiFi without having to connect to a computer.
  • AP Bypass
    The DSTwo has special features to ignore AP in most games, letting you play them without having to wait for a firmware update first.
  • RTS
    The Real-Time Save (Save State) function lets you save and reload your game progress at any moment you wish.
  • In-Game Guide
    You can pull up text files and images in-game, in order to check a walkthrough or map you downloaded at any time during a game.
  • Slow Motion
    The card lets you slow down the game speed as you wish.
  • In-Game Cheats
    The card lets you create and modify cheats while the game is running.
  • Special Homebrew
    The card has multiple pieces of special homebrew, such as it's own GBA and SNES emulators, as well as text/PDF reader and video player.
  • Battery Life
    Unfortunately the DSTwo's extra CPU and RAM (which give it the special features) eat into the battery life a bit.

Eon-Rider

Trophies
Website
www.kablooza.co.cc
XP
Country
Rydian said:
cardchart.gif
  • DS / DS Lite
    The card will work on an original (fat) DS or a DS Lite.
  • DSi / DSi XL
    The card will work on a DSi or DSi XL as well.
  • Game Updates
    Firmware updates are what let cards play newer games, these are the life-blood of the card.
  • SDHC
    SDHC refers to SD cards larger than 2GB (gigabytes). If there's no SDHC support, you can only use SD cards up to 2GB.
  • AP Bypass
    The DSTwo has special features to ignore AP in most games, letting you play them without having to wait for a firmware update first.
  • RTS
    The Real-Time Save (Save State) function lets you save and reload your game progress at any moment you wish.
  • In-Game Guide
    You can pull up text files and images in-game, in order to check a walkthrough or map you downloaded at any time during a game.
  • Slow Motion
    The card lets you slow down the game speed as you wish.
  • In-Game Cheats
    The card lets you create and modify cheats while the game is running.
  • Special Homebrew
    The card has multiple pieces of special homebrew, such as it's own GBA and SNES emulators, as well as text/PDF reader and video player.
  • Battery Life
    Unfortunately the DSTwo's extra CPU and RAM (which give it the special features) eat into the battery life a bit.
Actually the Acekard2i does have AP bypass. It may work in a different way but it's still there nonetheless.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Eon-Rider said:
Actually the Acekard2i does have AP bypass. It may work in a different way but it's still there nonetheless.I just updated my copy-paste to reflect that the AK2i can do wifi updates of cheats and loaders (for bug fixes), might want to remove the old from your quote.

AKAIO's Anti-Anti-Piracy (AAP) is NOT the same thing as the DSTwo's "clean mode".

NormmattIts an attempt at software emulating reads below 8000h which is used to detect flashcarts.
[...]
It will solve the standard read below 8000h checks that are coming out recently
The AP it bypasses is the new "generic AP we'll stick on games" that Nintendo came up with, that's why it's working on new titles. It's not something that can be done on "weaker" carts, it was mentioned the R4 is not capable of it properly, that's why Wood doesn't have that option and is patching the individual games as they come out.

It can currently break single-cart download-play, that's why it's optional (so you can turn it off in order to use that feature), future AKAIO versions will not have the AAP option on the screen once it's fixed up properly.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Noob15, if you want a flashcart with a lot of features, go for the Supercard DSTwo, easily.
It has real-time guides, slow-mo and saves like the CycloDS, but also does them a lot better.
The saves are faster and much more stable, as well as being able to use 4 slots.
You can also have multiple real-time guides, complete with word-wrap and .bmp support.

Not to mention the internal CPU that provides a dedicated GBA and SNES emu, along with the iReader and a DivX video player.

AndroidDem0man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you dont want to waste alot of money, just get an Edge card or an R4, R4 + Wood Firmware = Epic

Edge is a quarter of the price of a cyclo but it has less features. Im gonna be getting an iEdge for my Dsi, I actually, to be honest dont even want a Ds Two. i just dont seem to like it. Sure it has gba emulation OH MAI GAWD ITS AWESOME. but its not completely even perfect.

Flashcards i think are good
Edge(just like a cyclo but no real time save or real time guide or ingame menu, but also a quarter of the price of a cyclods)
Cyclo ( but costs alot of money)
R4 (only 6 dollars and with wood firmware its amazing)
DStwo(Pretty good actually, Less money then Cyclo and it even has GBA emulation.

------
If your looking at an Acekard 2 saying OH MAI GAWD ITS AWESOME
Dont buy it, just buy an r4 and get the wood firmware and your good.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
AndroidDem0man said:
If you dont want to waste alot of money, just get an Edge card or an R4, R4 + Wood Firmware = Epic

Edge is a quarter of the price of a cyclo but it has less features. Im gonna be getting an iEdge for my Dsi, I actually, to be honest dont even want a Ds Two. i just dont seem to like it. Sure it has gba emulation OH MAI GAWD ITS AWESOME. but its not completely even perfect.

Flashcards i think are good
Edge(just like a cyclo but no real time save or real time guide or ingame menu, but also a quarter of the price of a cyclods)
Cyclo ( but costs alot of money)
R4 (only 6 dollars and with wood firmware its amazing)
DStwo(Pretty good actually, Less money then Cyclo and it even has GBA emulation.

------
If your looking at an Acekard 2 saying OH MAI GAWD ITS AWESOME
Dont buy it, just buy an r4 and get the wood firmware and your good.

lol..iedge over dstwo??
do you even know when the last time that thing was updated??

good luck on a dead cart

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
Hahaha. Yes, iEdge can't do anything. It won't even run on a DSi 1.4.1. It's worse than DSTT, much worse.

But it's pretty somehow.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s