Hacking Flashcart Not Running on N3DSXL on 11.4

Rokku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just recently got a R4i Gold 3DS RTS and I'm trying to install ntrboot and all that good stuff on my New 3DS XL running v11.4 firmware. I get an icon on the menu representing the flash cart but when I actually choose the icon and try to load it (so I can run the ntrboot flasher) nothing happens, I just get black screens. Do I need to install software to the flashcart first before I can run the ntrboot flasher?

Cjmcgiv

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you did it right, you shouldn't see a icon on the home screen. Try flashing again. use 3ds.guide

EDIT: You're also booting it wrong, use 3ds.guide

Last edited by Cjmcgiv,

starburst

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Can you run any other DS ROMs?

Assuming that the 'firmware' on the flashcard has not been flashed, the NtrBoot Flasher runs as a DS game, thus the flashcard needs to be able to run DS ROMs in the first place. The r4ids.cn Gold flashcard uses the Wood 'kernel' to interact with the user applications, including loading DS games.

Get the Wood 'kernel' from the flaschard's website and copy the appropriate files to the flashcard's SD card. Then proceed with the guide.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/acekard-2i-basics-of-post-cfw-use.488189/#post-7663157

Reactions: Quantumcat

Rokku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you did it right, you shouldn't see a icon on the home screen. Try flashing again. use 3ds.guide

EDIT: You're also booting it wrong, use 3ds.guide

I am using 3ds.guide, and that's exactly what it tells me to do. Put the .nds boot flasher file on my SD card, put the flash cart back in the system, and then boot the flash cart.

https://3ds.guide/flashing-ntrboot-(3ds-single-system)

Turns out installing the Wood kernel solved the problem, thanks!

Reactions: KiiWii

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
You missed this part of the guide. Make sure you read everything before beginning next time.
Ensure your flashcart is able to launch .nds files on your device before beginning. Some flashcarts may require firmware or “kernel” files to be copied to the flashcart SD card. Consult your specific flashcart’s instructions for more information.

Rokku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad I fixed that, now if only I could figure out the timing for the magnet thing. I just keep turning the system off.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I'm glad I fixed that, now if only I could figure out the timing for the magnet thing. I just keep turning the system off.
The system turning off means it can't find boot.firm. Check your files or redownload it in case it is corrupted. It should go in your system's SD card not the flashcart.

Rokku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just for the heck of it, here's the SD card setup from my 3DS. I don't have a "3ds" folder to match the guide though, and I have some extra files that I don't know anything about.

https://i.imgur.com/k8HqIB4.jpg

Also, I made a failed attempt to hack my 3DS with Arm9Hax a year or so ago, could that potentially be an issue? I ended up removing the files because they didn't work anyway, but...

SD card passed the H2testw test as well. It's the same SD card I've been using since I got the 3DS two years ago.

Last edited by Rokku,

starburst

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
If the magnet-key combination did not work, you should be turning your console ON, not off, for it must be powered off to load the flashcard with NRTBoot hack.

It has nothing to do with 'timing.' If anything, it is about positioning the magnet in the right place. Once you have identified the right spot, you could use some tape to make sure that the magnet will not move when pressing the keys.

Last edited by starburst,

Rokku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the magnet-key combination did not work, you should be turning your console ON, not off, for it must be powered off to load the flashcard with NRTBoot hack.

It has nothing to do with 'timing.' If anything, it is about positioning the magnet in the right place. Once you have identified the right spot, you could use some tape to make sure that the magnet will not move when pressing the keys.

So what does it mean then if I turn it on with the magnet in the right place but all it does is light up the power LED for a few seconds and then not turn on?

Rokku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nevermind, I forgot to put the SD card back in! Put it in, did the boot sequence properly and I got in there. Should be all good now, I'll keep going with the process and let you guys know how it goes.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Rokku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ran into another error...I can't get FBI set up because at the “Switch the hb. title to the current app.” step I get an "Operation failed (no suitable process found)" error.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE