flashcart like cartridge for gba?

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by Silithas, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Silithas
    OP

Silithas GBAtemp Regular

May 12, 2012
    Norway
    I finally rebought a purple gba like one i had many years ago till i lost it but still have a few of my first games on it.

But here's the main questions:

Is there a legit card i can get that uses micro sdcards i can buy to play downloaded games on the gba?

2. Parasite X

Parasite X Banned

Banned
    Jul 6, 2009
    United States
    Katy Tx
    No there isn't only flash carts have sd card slots

3. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    You mean something officially Nintendo sanctioned? No, and I doubt Nintendo ever would as it might risk kneecapping their virtual console business.

Otherwise. Yeah there were loads of GBA flash carts. The only one that will work well on a GBA and that you can really find today is the EZ4, it uses miniSD cards and ideally you do not want a microSD to miniSD adapter. There were other models that used microSD (though only up to 2 gigs) but they might be harder to find, if you can get your hands on a EZ4 lite deluxe (far more doable than most other GBA flash carts out there) then consider it.

4. Silithas
    OP

Silithas GBAtemp Regular

May 12, 2012
    Norway
    It is flashcarts i mean. And why would nintendo release a gba cart with sdcard support?`o.O I ment those like R4i for the nds, but one that is for gba.

5. Nusdogg

Nusdogg GBAtemp Fan

Feb 3, 2013
    United States
    St. Paul, MN
    The one you want is EZ Flash IV. That's what I have and love many rom files I have on there including all the hacked Pokemon games. :)

6. Vanth88

Vanth88 Private

Oct 1, 2007
    United States
    Florida
    Technically speaking EZ Flash IV is the best choice considering all the other flashcarts are harder to find, lack compatibility, and are over priced. You'll find it for roughly $40 but it should be mentioned the cart uses MiniSD, not MicroSD, you can buy a converter for it though and hope that works.

7. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    microSD to miniSD is really hit and miss. I hear that when it works, it works well, though.
    Chances are it won't work properly, though, which is why we always recommend not to use them.

If you already have the adapter + a microSD you aren't using, then you might as well try; if it doesn't work well though, then you're much better off buying an actual miniSD even though they're way more expensive.

8. carlos2013

carlos2013 Banned

Banned
    Dec 6, 2013
    United States
    SuperCard Mini SD Card is the one you're looking for.

9. XiTaU

XiTaU GBAtemp Regular

May 15, 2008
    United States
    supercard is not what ur looking for it is utter crap
    get an ezflash iv

Nusdogg and Count Duckula like this.
  10. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    It is pretty much only the supercard, supercard clone (like early team cyclops efforts) and the very first carts that have the bad compatibility/slowdowns/compatibility derived from speed patches that no end user is ever going to make. Everything else is pretty much "if it fits then it plays", give or take the occasional patch for anti piracy or onboard hardware workarounds (which are the same for all non supercard flash carts).

11. Nusdogg

Nusdogg GBAtemp Fan

Feb 3, 2013
    United States
    St. Paul, MN
    Don't go with the Supermarket. I heard it lags, etc.