Hacking Flashcart downgrade? Or a fix for a weird "glitch" I caused

thegrimlord

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone,
and sorry for a noobish question caused by a meganoobish action I took.
This is my flashcart
http://www.r4isdhc.hk/download_white_new/index.htm
Or at least it looks the same, bought it in december 2012, served me well ever since.
Then today, for reasons unimaginable (I wanted to play Shantae: Risky's revenge on my DS Lite lol) I went to the dev site and accidentally clicked on the wrong card. This one:
http://www.r4isdhc.hk/download_white_new2013/index.htm
I was happy to see new FW was released (even though it wasn't lol) and immediately applied it, along with the kernel. Everything booted up just fine. I had my list of games, but when I tried starting one of them, it just gave me the white screen. All the games give me the white screen now, EXCEPT the emulators I have there too (for SNES and GENESIS), which still work like a charm.
Overall, my 2012 NEW cart boots up with 2013 FW and its kernel, lists all the games but can load none. Did I brick my cart or what? If I have, can I revert back to the FW I had on it before (I believe it was something like 5.05 or 5.06 and now is 7.0)? The only kernel that boot now are 1.62 and 1.63 (as far as I can tell).
Sorry again for a laugh-worthy post, but I know there are a lot of nice people here who would at least try helping me. :) Thanks for your time! And please help. <3

Last edited by thegrimlord,

thegrimlord

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Double post incoming... In service of a bump and a continuation of a noobish story. :)
In a desperate attempt to undo the firmware, I came across an interesting (desperate idea). I have loaded another card I have (R4 revolution for DS, black card, that supports up to 2GB cards) and have put 5.06 FW on it, started installation of FW with it but did not confirm, then I have ejected and switched cart to the one I messed up. Then I have confirmed the installation, but unfortunately it got stuck on "erasing device". Common sense would be that I was not allowed to switch the cards, that the firmware software or something did not initialize the new card when it was inserted... But it somehow managed to mess up my cart even further. Now it does not boot at all. lol How come it deleted the FW but did not write new one at all? Is destiny so ironic that it does what it should not but fails to do what it should? :D
No way back now, huh? Is there any explanation for this noobish quest of mine?
Either way, the drink is on me... Life is life. :) And any reply at all would be more than nice. ^_^

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Lol AHS is getting funny two dudes and two girls get pregnant
    Gift
  • Toastee_ @ Toastee_:
    Whats AHS?
    Gift
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    What are you supposed to do when you have a thousand dollar piece of hardware that won't work because the API the manufacturer provided doesn't want to work?
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Ebay
    Gift
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    Oh great.
    Gift
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    It's a Linux bug.
    Gift
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    Well a bug with their Linux drivers or something.
    Gift
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    It captures 2x the amount of packets on Windows 10 in a freaking VM where USB access is slower/more latent.
    Gift
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    what is this piece of hardware @gudenau
    Gift
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    Beagle 480
    Gift
  • T-hug @ T-hug:
    Dune 2021 1080p HDRip X264 AC3-EVO
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Dune? Reminds me of seeing my ex naked
    Gift
  • mr_switch @ mr_switch:
    Oh yeah Dune movie is out, watching it later
    Gift
  • mr_switch @ mr_switch:
    Here is hoping 2022 is a good year for DC cinematic universe
    Gift
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    Honestly don't really know what Dune is.
    Gift
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    Anyone here know much about Jetbrains InteliJ Idea?
    Gift
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Oh, T-hug was here :blink:
    Gift
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Hey, where the admins at? Come in the chat. I got a idea. How bout a Sound notification or something when someone tags you in chat? :ninja:
    Gift
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Post it in the v8 feedback thread
    Gift
  • Gift
  • OzKenny1983 @ OzKenny1983:
    Post what sorry? I'm guessing we were talking about this ages ago, but I haven't been on GBATemp in almost a year so my memory is failing me :-/
    Gift
    feedback and or bugs that may have popped up since the migration to XenForo 2!
    Gift
    Umm...I think you might have the wrong person, since that may as well have been written in Chinese. I have nothing to do with the management of this site, nor have I ever been involved. I'm just a member, and hardly even qualify as that...like I said my last post was almost a year ago lol
    Gift
    Lol no, Sonic Angel Knight had an idea, best would be to post it in that thread haha
    Gift
    Sorry, don't know Sonic Angel Knight either...
    Gift
    OzKenny1983 @ OzKenny1983: Sorry, don't know Sonic Angel Knight either...