Flashcards homebrew?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by SP0RK, Jul 25, 2008.

Jul 25, 2008

Flashcards homebrew? by SP0RK at 3:25 AM (798 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. SP0RK
    OP

Newcomer SP0RK Member

United States
    I was wondering if there is any homebrew on DS that allows you to make flash cards for memorizing and studying? I didn't know how to go about searching for such a homebrew cause the keyword "Flashcard" doesn't really turn up anything pertaining to what I'm looking for.

Thanks!

2. V!olaPlayer

Member V!olaPlayer GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Mmm, no. Not that I know of, and I'm pretty familiar with the Homebrew scene. Sorry, dude. =/

But, if somebody wants to take a crack at it, a perfect way to do this is to make a virtual 'paper' where you draw on it for the question and flip it for the answer, and it can be saved as a whole project. I guarantee people will like that! ;]

3. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    That's a pretty decent idea for homebrew, but it would probably be necessary for it to accept a text or XML file that defines what goes on the cards rather than having to draw (or worse, type) every card on the DS (what a nightmare that would be).

-Bri

4. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Look into "Total Recall" which is a flashcard app for the DS. Not the most useful, but it works.

I imagine you could also work your way around DSNotes to somehow turn it into a flashcard app with some creativity.