Hacking Flashcards (3DS) - Border for NDS games not pitch black

Dionysus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a SCDS2 which is used for my 3DS, now when playing NDS roms the black border around the game is not completely black compared to that of DSI ware eshop games etc..

1) The e-shop DSI games have a pitch black border which fills in the space between the 3DS resolution and DS

2) SDCS2 Isn't as pitch black as DSI games from the e-shop

You may look at me like woow that really bugs you? Well a little bit yes, I want that realistic NDS feel when playing my games. Just that grey scale black border when playing NDS games on SCDS2 doesn't cut it for me. Is there any solutions for this or a work around? Thanks in advance :)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm guessing that the sandbox works in DS or DSi mode depending on which one is required.

Do you have a purely DS game with no DSiEnhanced features to test it with?

Dionysus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I tested it out on Zelda anniversary edition the game nintendo allowed you to download for a time period, that game has no enchanced DSI features. Then I played a DS ROM (SCDS2) such as pokemon diamond and the black border isn't the same (not as pitch black)

What exactly is sandbox anyway?

Extra: Also tested out an DS RPG Game from E-Shop called Zenobia and the Border is pitch black how I like it

Tested Mario 64 on SCDS2 and the border is still not as black as the E-shop games and these aren't even DSI enhanced.

Dionysus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry guys, It's my eyes playing up again. The border is indeed the same colour, many apologises for wasting your time.

servant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it possible to have the supercard try to stretch the screen to the size of a 3ds screen.
say like if you attempted stretch the image having the card ignore the fact that the screen is too small to fit the image and utilize its full capacity, like zooming in on a image from a phone. Would this also require the 3ds to be hacked?
Emulators can do it and I can't see why it would be able to send a expanded image to a screen without the need of a hack.

KvinMoreaux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Because screen size is fixed in the firmware, to change it you need to edit the firmware, it's not just a setting. The firmware is encrypted so you need to know the key used by nintendo, decrypt it edit the screen size, encrypt it again and flash you custom firmware...

It's not an easy task.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup