Hacking Flashcard for playing DS games

Pantsface16

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know there are many flashcards out there that support DS games, but I would like some help as to deciding which one to buy. I also have some questions, such as

1. Does it work with any 3DS version? I would rather keep the 3DS up to date. If the flashcard firmware is eventually updated to support the latest 3DS version then it's fine.

2. Will it affect the history of games played? DS games show up, so how about from the flashcard?

3. Any real risks/downsides? Anything bad or risky about using a flashcard?

And just to clarify,
I'm looking for DS games only, I could care less for 3DS ROMs.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
1 yes. (it supports any firmware as long as is the cards that i am and folks here recommend)

2 it shows up as a "one game" don't know what game this card uses, but on my dstwo it shows up as alex stormrider, some r4 show up as sponge bob.. the history will record it like you was playing that game...

3 no... there is no risk..

this r4 is the best one, you can search on other shops, but try to get this one, its the best available..
http://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=149 please note, sticker on the card says r4ids.cn. only get a r4 from this website...

if you got luck, try to get a dstwo, is the best DS mode card.. but its rare to find now and most shops are out of stock

RoDryBones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I have a R4 SDHC Dual Core and no problem using it on 9.7; works like a charm with every DS game and I even could transfer the saves from my old original R4.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
My Supercard DSTwo I have had for years and it works perfectly on the latest firmware. Nintendo has stopped blocking DS flashcards a long time ago. So at this point, most of the current flashcards work just fine.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't care about 3DS roms just get an a old DSI OR DSlite. I have a DSI gather dust in a box that hasn't been used in 3 years.

Pantsface16

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that was quick...
And informative
I was thinking of getting the r4 but needed some background info to be sure
Thanks!

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Well that was quick...
And informative
Thanks!
the thing is, there are literally hundreds of r4 with diferent names\from diferent people...

so be carefull with the website printed on the stickers, i really recommend and wouldn't get other r4 beside the one from r4ids.cn

as for the "true" and original and first r4. it only works on the original ds..
then lots of clones\remakes\fakes etc were made... and its a story i still don't understand much

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well that was quick...
And informative
Thanks!
There's not much to know.
1. Buy a good flashcard (best option is the r4i gold 3ds rts by r4ids.cn; check the website on the product pictures!)
2. Download the kernel from the website (the kernel is called wood) and extract the files from the archive into the root of the microsd (root means without subfolders)
3. have fun

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Buttocks