Hacking flash your ds

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Why would you want to go through the troble of flashing your DS to remove the warning screen ?

i here there is some freeko way of doing it by going into the screen calibration, and then out again...youtube is your friend here.

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now you only need a slot one card to do this.
Follow the tutorial and use flashme_noauto.nds
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=33481

Be very careful doing this, it is risky on a DS Lite. Make sure you protect the sides of your conductive tool. I used some electrical tape around a small flat head screwdriver. Remember if it stops updating just leave it on and repostion your tool over the contacts it will start up again where it left off.
yaynds.gif

Here is a quote from another forum on what it will do for you.
"What it does is rewrites the original firmware to flashme. It removes the health and safety screen, it disables the RSA secured feature..meaning you can use download play with homebrew and 'non' official nds games.
It adds the ability to use homebrew on your ds.
Some flashcards don't need this e.g Cyclods Evolution.
It also adds a 'recovery code' to the ds. So that, if your ds is 'bricked' and if the ds is still recoverable, you have the ability to force boot to Slot 1 or slot 2 to run flashme or no flashme to repair it."

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
ifish said:
i have to open the ds?
Not really, just the battery protection lid. You can remove it with a regular screwdriver (no triwing needed). There's a little hole called SL-1 (google for photos). There are two tiny pieces of metal you need to bridge with some other piece of metal or something like that. FlashMe needs the connection to reflash your firmware. Be careful though, because touching anything else restarts the DS. If your DS is flashing, that means it's bricked and therefore not usable anymore.

D

Deleted-119707

it actually isnt. i was thinking it was really risky but it isnt.i recently did mine. all you need is the charger to be plugged in at all time in case the battery falls. you bridge the sl1. if it goes say 60% and you remove the object you used to reajust your position and bridge it again, it carries on. you jear sounds every %. the only trisk there is if BOTH battery+charger falls/fails which s highly unlikely.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night