Flash video to MPEG?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by GeekyGuy, Jun 22, 2007.

Jun 22, 2007

Flash video to MPEG? by GeekyGuy at 6:53 AM (1,291 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. GeekyGuy
    OP

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    Anyone know of a reliable real-time conversion site? I tried vixy.net, but I'm not even sure if it works. It took so long to convert a two-minute Youtube video, I finally gave up after about 10-15 minutes (and it being stuck for a while saying 39% converted).

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Site, no idea. You can however do it yourself
    Grab the video:
    http://keepvid.com/ there are firefox extensions as well that can do it.

Youtube uses FLV, a splitter:
    http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.p...lease_id=403108
    Install it with CCCP insurgent if you do not know how:
    http://www.cccp-project.net/download.php?type=cccpi

FFDShow decodes it:
    CCCP comes with FFDShow and is a damn good pack in general:
    http://www.cccp-project.net/
    Of course you can get it seperately, I suggest using the FFDShow tryouts as the main fork has been out of action for quite some time:
    http://www.free-codecs.com/download/FFDShow.htm

I personally use avisynth to open it with the command/script below although something like vdubmod's open with avisynth or anything that reads via directshow should work:
    directshowsource("somefile.flv")

3. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    I P2P'd a program called Total Video Converter. It works well and converts anything to anything, from what I can see (well....except flashcart formats). That's what I use to convert Flash vids to AVI to then be converted for my SuperCard miniSD by the SC's movie converter software.

For whatever reason, the Supercard converter seems to like AVI more than MPEG for converting to the SC's preferred vid format, which I believe is GBM/GBS. But TVC will convert to MPEG also. Like I said, it seems to convert anything to anything (except the flashcart formats), even to DVD VOBs. It's a really nice little program. I believe I counted something like 40+ formats it will convert stuff to...and from.

As irpacynot already knows, I have NEVER tried to put a vid on my R4DS. I cram that full of DS games/homebrew instead. So I didn't know how to help him, hence this thread. But I thought I'd mention the conversion program I use in my first conversion step. It's just when it came to converting for the R4DS that I didn't know what to do, just because I had no interest in doing it personally.

This thread will come in handy if I ever decide to try. Maybe one day, I'll actually use Moonshell for something. I've only just sort of booted it once to see it, never actually used it for anything. Is that weird? [​IMG]

4. Samutz

Member Samutz Wet Tissue Sample

United States
    I use a flash decompiler to find the location of the FLV file, download it, then use SUPER to convert it.

5. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    I use a plug-in in FireFox called VideoDownloader to snatch vids off the net. [​IMG] I've only just put funny little vid clips on my Supercard, never did a whole movie or anything.

6. GeekyGuy
    OP

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    Thanks for the replies, guys.

@ FAST6191 : Many thanks for all the links. I will save those to my favs. I'm very new to most of this technology, including using a flash card with my DS. It will be cool, though, to be able to catch up on some of my Youtube subscription videos when I'm on the go, should I be able to successfully convert them from Flash to avi to DPG.

Thanks again.

7. jimmy j

Member jimmy j Awesome for hire.

United Kingdom
    I use the same method as Rayder. Use videodownloader (or ook!) and convert with total video converter

download

8. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    BatchDPG actually does what I posted so if you are after conversion to DPG you do not need to go through AVI first.

9. Sinkhead

Former Staff Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

United Kingdom
    I use Media-Convert. It's online and it's free, fast and easy. And it supports LOADS of media types (not just video)

- Sam

10. six-five-two

Member six-five-two GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    For ripping the video to .flv format, I use VideoDownloader Firefox Plugin, and I sometimes use KeepVid.com.

Then, to convert from .flv to .avi or .mpeg in this case, I use SUPER (by eRightSoft).

11. NDSkid

Newcomer NDSkid Advanced Member

United States
  12. apb407

Member apb407 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    a website for conversion is video-convert.com and actually it says Nintendo DS for a format but i never tried it