Hacking Flash/mod a Xbox 360 slim to play burned games?

giritinia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK so I have a Xbox 360 slim 250gb with update. I wanna know is it possible to flash and/or mod it to play burned games. Ive looked on google and youtube and tried searching the forums a little but I couldn't find out how to do it. If there is, and does not violate gbatemp rules, can you send me a link to a guide because again, I couldn't find anything on my own. Yes I am such a noob haha.

Posts merged

the newest update*

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You gotta find out what DVD drive your 360 has. However, you will need to wait for firmware to be finished, regardless of what drive you have, as all current slim drives have FW in progress. Check here for the latest info http://c4evaspeaks.com/

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Right now- no.

Technically- yes. Some of the slim dvd models (there are three now) have been hacked and/or have hardware mods coming out to help with it. There are however no hacked firmwares you can flash (one was in very late beta but MS threw a spanner in the works with the last update so that was sidelined in favour of sorting that out a bit more first). http://c4evaspeaks.com/ has more (Lite-On 0225, Lite-On 0401, Hitachi 500 being the slim drives)

There are also the USB adapter mods set to appear in the coming months you might also care to see.

giritinia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So slims to this day are unhackable? And to find out my drive ill need to open it right? Because I heard you can tell what drive you have by how it looks without opening it. Thanks.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can get a rough idea for original drives without opening it but I am not aware of anything for the slim (although we have since seen the hitachi stuff so that might have changed).

Unhackable has bad connotations as well- the firmware has been dumped, the drives made to cough up keys, methods to flash the new firmware back are known/doable, a hacked firmware has been made that allows copied discs and indeed is in testing for at least one of the models.

However if you mean can I pull it apart and flash a new firmware much like I can an original model 360 with at worst a trip to a modding site then no. That answer will change in the (near) future but until then no copies on a slim.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water