Homebrew Flash Cart Suggestions

kingmathyou

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay now I am new to the DS emulation thing, but I was big on it with my psp for a while. I just got a DS lite, and I am looking into homebrew, blah, blah, blah. Anyways, I saw the G6 lite. If I used this, would I have to flash my DS' firmware, or can I keep it on there and still have sucess running the homebrew? Also, do I need some type of passcard or something to get this working, and what does everyone suggest here?
Again, sorry for all the n00b questions, but I gotta start somewhere.

kingmathyou

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I did. And a few other sites too. Thanks for your help man.
Anyways, to anyone that is acually looking to help, do the gba, ds, nes, and snes roms play full speed?

Foie

That one guy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GBA, NES, and NDS run at full speed. A few (and I mean a few) SNES games run perfectly. Yes, you will need a Passme2 device or a passcard to run the emulation. With a passme2 device, you flash the DS (change the firmware) and never have to use it again. With a passcard, you can avoid this by just having a card the size of a DS cart always in your DS (when using the flashcart). As for what to buy, I would recommend the EZ4 Lite (I have it) It works great and has removable storage. It is also pretty inexpensive when compared to the G6. I guess it depends on how much stuff you will want on it, because 512 Megabytes (size of G6 Lite) can fit about 6 DS games and 10 GBA games. Or about 10 DS games. (Depends on the games obviously)

I switched to a flashcart after buying a bunch of games abaout a week ago, and I have no regrets whatsoever. In fact, I am very happy with my decision!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jjbr_FiMrYA