OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
YouFail.Org
XP
Country
United States
I have a GameBoy Advanced SP. I am looking for a flash cart to use with it. I've seen people recommending the EZ IV, and was wondering if that is the one to go with. I don't need it for slot 2 since I have a EZ 3-in-1, just need it for the GBA. Is the IV the way to go? How good is compatibility?

Also, where should I go to get one?
http://www.gameyeeeah.com/ezflash-iv-minisd-p-55.html
This is where I'm looking now.

Thanks for your help! :D

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
That looks like a good deal. I got mine from Bamboogaming. Slightly cheaper, but be warned, though, Bamboogaming only sends the card itself, no extras, no software CD, not even a box; they send it in a padded envelope
nyanya.gif

And yes, it's a great card. Go for it.

dexmix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for GBA EZ IV trumps all but the EZ3. F2A is good but doesn't have as good compatibility, and X-Rom hasn't been for sale in years. not to mention the X-Rom battery continuously dies. i hate the X-Rom so much, but it was the best when it came out.

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I totally agree with jalaneme.

Personally, I hate the EZIV. It's buggy, more then half the games won't soft reset, theirs no real time clock, and no real time saves.

On the other hand, the G6 Lite is not buggy, all the games I've used soft resets back to the main G6 menu perfectly, it has a real time clock, and real time saves.

The G6 Lite is something like $40 bucks more than the EZIV. But remember you get what you pay for. Yes, it's only 512mb of space. But that holds a crap load of GBA games. It's plenty of room.

Besides that, I think I'm going to pick up an EZIII soon for my GBA. I've read nothing about great things about this cart.

dexmix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I totally agree with jalaneme.

Personally, I hate the EZIV. It's buggy, more then half the games won't soft reset, theirs no real time clock, and no real time saves.

On the other hand, the G6 Lite is not buggy, all the games I've used soft resets back to the main G6 menu perfectly, it has a real time clock, and real time saves.

The G6 Lite is something like $40 bucks more than the EZIV. But remember you get what you pay for. Yes, it's only 512mb of space. But that holds a crap load of GBA games. It's plenty of room.

Besides that, I think I'm going to pick up an EZIII soon for my GBA. I've read nothing about great things about this cart.

if you think the G6 Lite is so much better than the EZ4, you won't like the EZ3. EZ3 and EZ4 are essentially the same carts. the EZ3 has an RTC, but takes longer to burn to, and only has 8.3 file names. but they both have issues with soft resets and real time saves. neither of those matter to me, and i've had several revisions of G6 that i will never go back to them.

too many games just didn't boot up, or crashed while playing on both of my G6s. The menu was nice but not skinable, and never had screen shots for the later games - and updating the screenshot database only caused the loader to crash. hopefully the G6 lite is a million times better than the 2nd and 3rd revision of the G6, cause those really burned me out, not to mention i payed/wasted a ton of money for/on them at the time. oh i forgot to mention how atrocious the load times were on the 2nd and 3rd gen G6s. wasted so much battery trying to just boot up a game, and then have it crash was ridiculous. the EZ3 and X-ROM just worked, and the G6 2nd and 3rd just plain sucked.

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I've read countless times how much better the G6 Lite is than the older ones. But I don't have an older one, so I can't compare.

I've had my G6 Lite for a year now, and it's been a champ. I haven't had one single problem with it. Sure, the GBA games takes a few seconds to load, but it takes just as long on the EZIV. So I'm guessing all slot 2's take a little while to boot a GBA game.

And yeah, I was thinking that if I don't like the EZIV, then I'm not sure if I would like the EZIII. But if the EZIV is just like the EZIII, with the same issues that I mentioned, then I guess I'm not going to get one. Thanks letting me know about that. I've now decided to get an M3 Lite for my incoming Micro.

dexmix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The EZ3 has almost instant load times compared to EZ4. the only thing faster than EZ3 on load time is the X-Rom, which uses paging instead of copy.

RegulisOnii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
YouFail.Org
XP
Country
United States
Yeah! My EZ4 came in and I'm pretty much happy now. AND I got my 18 hours of FF V transfered to the official cart, which I though was pretty cool.

Only problem is that I can't transfer my games over to the EZ 4 with my PC. I don't care how it's done, but I want to take the saves from when I was using my DS for GBA games and put them on my Micro's SD card. I've solved FF I, II, III, & IV and don't feel like going through them again right now, but it still would be nice to know how to do this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: