Flash card to use in both NDS & GBM??

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by eydaimon, Dec 17, 2006.

Dec 17, 2006
  1. eydaimon
    OP

Newcomer eydaimon Member

United States
    Is there a flash card you guys can recommend which can be used to play games both with my Nintendo DS and my Gameboy Micro?

Obviously this is a slot 2 card we're talking about here...

2. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    G6 Lite, M3 (NOT the pro version), Supercard (NOT the rumble version).

I have a G6 and I'm happy with it. It seems to have fewer problems with DS games than the others, and it comes with a shell to fit in the Gameboy. It also has about the lowest battery drain of any cart. The main downside is that it's only 512 megs.

The Supercard is supposedly less compatible with GBA games than the G6 or M3, but more compatible with DS homebrew. It's also less expensive.

M3 pro & Supercard rumble will not play most GBA games.

3. jon_jon

Member jon_jon GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You should also consider the EZ4 (mini-SD version). It's less expensive than the other the M3 with good compatibility for both DS and GBA.

4. juggernaut911

Member juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!

United States
    whys that!?!?! [​IMG] I'm planning on getting 1!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Destructobot

United States
    OK, Juggy, just chill with the damn smileys. Seriously. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The M3 pro & Supercard rumble do not have the 32 megs of ram that are needed to play GBA games. This is why they are cheaper than the regular versions. I've heard that you can still play small games(4 megs or less), but I don't remember if that was with the Supercard, the M3, or both.

6. Vincent Vega

Member Vincent Vega GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Only M3 Professional can run GBA ROMs up to 32 Megabits (4 MegaBytes).

7. eydaimon
    OP

Newcomer eydaimon Member

United States
    but how many games are larger than 32 megabits? Is this a common limitatino to the other cards too?

8. Destructobot

United States
    It's only a limitation of the pro version of the M3. The regular (not pro) version can play the largest GBA games (256 megabits, 32 megabytes) without a problem.

The regular version of the Supercard can play 32 megabyte games, but the rumble version cannot play GBA games at all.