Hacking Flash card teams still around?

kingcolex

Joe "Coop" Cooper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since so much time has passed since the release of the 3ds, and it seems that any new flash cards are all clones of old teams. Does anyone know of any teams still around that are putting out updates on their hardware? (not software but like status of working on any new products) It just seems like the flash card scene is dead but is it because no ones trying to make the new hardware?

TheRedfox

blep
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's not interesting to make flashcarts anymore.
Of course hackmii is still busy behind-the-scenes to search for a 3DS exploit, but there's low chance there will be one this year, maybe there never will be any.
Flashcart makers are inactive now, just like homebrew coders.

Reactions: 1 person

kingcolex

Joe "Coop" Cooper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its sad, but i guess all homebrew makers are just moving to the platforms that will get them alot of attention and profit the Android and Ios Route.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
So far there are no exploits for the 3DS and flashcards for the DS are pretty much as far along as they're gonna be. There's one DSi flashcard, but support is gone and it's because no one is interested in hacking the DSi.

Besides, flashcards are sort of outdated anyways. I'd rather have a CFW on the 3DS than a flashcard.

Reactions: 3 people

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
Didn't that group already succeed in playing their dumps on 3ds? The console's doing pretty well right now so I'm sure there's people who want to profit from that, it's just a matter of time

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Didn't that group already succeed in playing their dumps on 3ds? The console's doing pretty well right now so I'm sure there's people who want to profit from that, it's just a matter of time
The problem Crown3DS had (and probably gave up because of it) is all of the different kinds of game cards they would have to accommodate. The flash card itself would be so long it would be impractical to actually use. Not only that, but it would only be able to hold one ROM at a time.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Who said that DS homebrew is at a stand-still? Other than the initial boom, it was never all that common - a lot of software and hardware stuff has simply been achieved and what's left is the old boys making something from time to time. There is no switch to new platforms as no new platforms are homebrew-capable yet. There will be an exploit - there always is, no system is perfect. It just takes time. If you want more homebrew, start coding - with the libraries we have nowadays it has never been so easy.

Reactions: 1 person

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
I wasn't referring to crown3ds, but the group that dumped the first 3ds game. iirc they said they confirmed it works on their hardware

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu