Flash card from a reliable company

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by lazyman, Mar 31, 2008.

Mar 31, 2008
  1. lazyman
    OP

Newcomer lazyman Member

Afghanistan
    Hi all. I was one of the unlucky sods who purchased a DS-Xtreme (as a gift for a relative). All this person needed was a card that could be used to play backups, and maybe a little bit of homebrew, but as it has turned out the DS-X team wasn't really interested in supporting their product.

Anyway I wanted to hear opinions on which card I should buy to replace the DS-X, however keep in mind features are not important here, what's important is a card that has excellent compatibility, a company that provides regular updates and a company who stand behind their product. Price is also a consideration. Basically I don't want to buy a card that stops getting updated in 12 months. The R4 seems to be regularly updated, would it be the best choice?

2. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    Supercard DS1 SDHC. It's 35 dollars on DX (Not sure if they have them on stock currently), and its makers are famous for never dropping support for any of their products. Their slot-2 cards are still getting updates. It's cheap, but it might not be the easiest card to use.... There's a few steps to do to make everything right, but not so hard, and doesn't take too long. Also, if you're getting this cart, get a Japanese Kingston, for they won't freeze on this cart (Unlike my Sandisk card.)

DSTT: It's pretty cheap, and they've been giving updates every once in awhile. They only appear when they need to fix a problem, but seems to be alright, because they always fix their problem with games.

CycloDS. It is the most expensive (Not as expensive as the DS-X, 55 dollars, usually.), but it's worth it. Yes, it does have features, but it has a team that actually listens to their customers, and actually fixes their problem. They've done so for about 6 monthes now, and isn't showing any signs of stopping...

3. lazyman
    OP

Newcomer lazyman Member

Afghanistan
    I think I'll recommend the DSTT. If they disappear in 6 months then I'll just buy which ever cheap card takes it place at the budget end of the market. Thanks guys, I appreciate your input.