Hacking Flash Card for DS games on 3DS XL v7.1

uglydude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everybody,

I am quite new to all this, and looking to buy some 3DS Xls for my niece and nephew.

I got a 3DS XL with firmware v7.1.0-16E, which I understand right now there isn't any Flash card that will run 3DS games, however I read that there is an R4 card that can run DS games on the 3DS v7.1.

Can someone advice me on which version of the R4 card will run DS games on 3DS XL 7.1, also if someone can let me know where to buy it in the UK, I have seen a few websites but just don't know which one to trust, as I believe there are also fake version out there.

Many thanks in advance for any help people can provide.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
there is also DSTWO besides the r4 clone cards

there are a lot of r4 cards... usually r4 clone cards are "killed" with a console update, and they will never work on new updates, dstwo had been able survive from all the supports and some people assure dstwo can't be banned, dstwo updates are also quick

in this forum there are links to online stores, you can click on shoptemp and check a list.. if you don't mind buying from asia you can purchase on nds-card.com

if you think DSTWO is pretty expensive you can go for an r4 which is more cheap, but make sure you buy the right one, there are a lot of them which may look all the same but they are from diferent teams..
and its hard sometimes to know which one, so someone can talk more about r4 cards..

Reactions: uglydude

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I tend to stay away from R4 because of so many clones out there -- it gets confusing! Plain and simple, get a Supercard DSTWO. It's arguably the best out there, has the highest 3DS firmware compatibility and can even run SNES and GBA ROMs!

I can't recommend it enough.

uglydude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you very much for both of your reply, based on your recommendation, I starting to look at the Supercard DSTWO, it is a bit more prices, but the main problem it I can't seem to find a good UK reseller, no one that would take Paypal payment (not sure if I would trust it with Credit Card payment). Have anyone brought from any UK reseller that they can recommend?

I think I will try to go for the DSTWO, but if anyone had good experience with the right R4 and can recommend where to buy, I will also be much appreciated.

I also just remember that I got my niece a Cyclo DS Evolution, would it still work on a 3DS XL for DS games (I assume not, but thought to ask anyway)?

Many thanks in advance

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Thank you very much for both of your reply, based on your recommendation, I starting to look at the Supercard DSTWO, it is a bit more prices, but the main problem it I can't seem to find a good UK reseller, no one that would take Paypal payment (not sure if I would trust it with Credit Card payment). Have anyone brought from any UK reseller that they can recommend?

I think I will try to go for the DSTWO, but if anyone had good experience with the right R4 and can recommend where to buy, I will also be much appreciated.

I also just remember that I got my niece a Cyclo DS Evolution, would it still work on a 3DS XL for DS games (I assume not, but thought to ask anyway)?

Many thanks in advance

you will find it very hard to find a reseller who accepts paypal

nintendo asks paypal to ban paypal accounts of flashcart sellers...

i can't help you about UK sellers, but the websites here: http://shoptemp.net/products/Supercard-DSTWO-p-97.html
got reputation on this website and i can't guarantee, but supposedly they can be trusted...

jrr6415sun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My credit card has virtual account numbers that gives me a temporary cc # to use for online purchases. It's great you should look for a card that has something like that

uglydude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

migles Thank you very much for your help anyway, that is interesting to know, I didn't realise it.

b00100100 We do have Credit Card protection, but I'm more afraid of scam website, to buy something you usually have to register your details including name, address, contact number, then when make payment your card details. That is a lot of information on the website/company that you don't know. Maybe I'm just paranoid :D.

jrr6415sun - That is really cool, I'm not sure if we got that in the UK, but I will surely look for it.

Thank you to everyone contribution :).

Anyone have experience with R4 card and seller, and if the Cyclo DS Evolution will work anymore, please let me know

b00100100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My credit card has virtual account numbers that gives me a temporary cc # to use for online purchases. It's great you should look for a card that has something like that

That's awesome. I want that feature... .Who do you have this Credit Card though?

Maybe I'm just paranoid :D.

Yeah, I think you are being too paranoid. I am also cautious about who I am giving my CC info and name/address, however I've yet to be burned by places like this.

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CycloDS support has basically vanished and I wouldn't recommend it for your 3DS. I am another happy customer of the DSTWO and have had zero issues with it supporting games on the latest firmware. You should be able to find a list of trusted resellers on their site.

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
We do have Credit Card protection, but I'm more afraid of scam website, to buy something you usually have to register your details including name, address, contact number, then when make payment your card details. That is a lot of information on the website/company that you don't know. Maybe I'm just paranoid :D.

thats actually a very good thing... safety is a very good thing :)

i am also afraid of too many details, you can always give fake ones but... adress and name is needed for both delivery and sometimes banks require the store to know the address of the person... if you are too afraid, ask a friend to receive the delivery so they don't get accurate info about you :/ but this can cause sometimes problems...

jrr6415sun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's awesome. I want that feature... .Who do you have this Credit Card though?

Yeah, I think you are being too paranoid. I am also cautious about who I am giving my CC info and name/address, however I've yet to be burned by places like this.

I have a Citi credit card and it's called a virtual account number. Not sure if they have it outside of the USA but I've heard of other cards that have it as well. You can also put a money limit on it so they don't overcharge you. I use it all the time signing up for free trials and when I'm buying stuff from shady Chinese websites

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.