Hacking Flash Advance Pro + Flashme + Passcard 3

ZildjianKX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right now I'm attempting to use Flashme on my old Flash Advance Pro 256, booting with a Passcard 3. My main question is how do I write Flashme to it, and which software should I use?

Should I combine ndsloader.bin with it?
Which file extension should the Flashme file have?
What should I name the file?

Thanks in advance.

Edit - BTW, I've been trying via USB with the Xtreme Link software, but I can find a parallel cable and download the FA software or Littlewriter if anyone thinks that will help.

F

FAW

I tried the same thing with my Flash Advance Pro 256 before my m3 lite arrived. Littlewriter didn't work as it wouldn't recognise the nds. format so it wouldn't write. I used Flash Advance Writer instead. Before you write to the cart you need to patch the rom. which changes the file extension to xxxx.nds.gba.

Once you've patched it and written it to the cart it should work, but it also depends on the rom. The ones I tried which worked were Yoshi touch and go and brain training. Being limited to 256 there are only a few roms you can write anyway.

Sorry I cant remember the name of the patching software (anyone else know?) since I deleted it once my m3 arrived. Flashing is SO much faster using a SD card

I hope this helps

ZildjianKX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried the same thing with my Flash Advance Pro 256 before my m3 lite arrived. Littlewriter didn't work as it wouldn't recognise the nds. format so it wouldn't write. I used Flash Advance Writer instead. Before you write to the cart you need to patch the rom. which changes the file extension to xxxx.nds.gba.

Once you've patched it and written it to the cart it should work, but it also depends on the rom. The ones I tried which worked were Yoshi touch and go and brain training. Being limited to 256 there are only a few roms you can write anyway.

Sorry I cant remember the name of the patching software (anyone else know?) since I deleted it once my m3 arrived. Flashing is SO much faster using a SD card

I hope this helps

Did you have to patch Flashme as well with the software that you can't remember? Just curious. I think I've tried about everything and keep getting the double white screens with my Passcard 3 after the splash screen.

Edit - I tried both NDSPacher and Loadme and neither would work on the flashme.nds rom, both give errors.

illumina

Trophies
XP
Country
Did you ever get this to work? I've tried patching the flashme.nds with both ndspatcher and loadme as well and both give the same error.

illumina

Trophies
XP
Country
cool thanks. I'm at work but i'll try that when i get home. I also have NDSloader.bin that i can add to it in dos.

ZildjianKX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you ever get this to work? I've tried patching the flashme.nds with both ndspatcher and loadme as well and both give the same error.

Never worked for me. My Passcard 3 also doesn't work with my EZ 4 Lite MicroSD... oh well
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.