Flash Advance Pro + Flashme + Passcard 3

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by ZildjianKX, Jun 13, 2006.

Jun 13, 2006
  1. ZildjianKX
    OP

Member ZildjianKX GBAtemp Regular

Featured Posts:
    United States
    Right now I'm attempting to use Flashme on my old Flash Advance Pro 256, booting with a Passcard 3. My main question is how do I write Flashme to it, and which software should I use?

Should I combine ndsloader.bin with it?
    Which file extension should the Flashme file have?
    What should I name the file?

Thanks in advance.

Edit - BTW, I've been trying via USB with the Xtreme Link software, but I can find a parallel cable and download the FA software or Littlewriter if anyone thinks that will help.

2. covert

Newcomer covert Member

Featured Posts:
    Australia
    FA linker or littlewriter ill do the job for you.

3. ZildjianKX
    OP

Featured Posts:
    United States
    So I just rename Flashme.nds to Flashme.gba, I don't need to copy the ndsloader.bin into it?

I'm starting to think the Supercard 3 doesn't work with old GBA flash cards.

4. covert

Newcomer covert Member

Featured Posts:
    Australia
    Don't rename it. Just load it to the flashcard as FlashMe.nds

5. FAW

FAW Newbie

I tried the same thing with my Flash Advance Pro 256 before my m3 lite arrived. Littlewriter didn't work as it wouldn't recognise the nds. format so it wouldn't write. I used Flash Advance Writer instead. Before you write to the cart you need to patch the rom. which changes the file extension to xxxx.nds.gba.

Once you've patched it and written it to the cart it should work, but it also depends on the rom. The ones I tried which worked were Yoshi touch and go and brain training. Being limited to 256 there are only a few roms you can write anyway.

Sorry I cant remember the name of the patching software (anyone else know?) since I deleted it once my m3 arrived. Flashing is SO much faster using a SD card

I hope this helps

6. ZildjianKX
    OP

Featured Posts:
    United States
    Did you have to patch Flashme as well with the software that you can't remember? Just curious. I think I've tried about everything and keep getting the double white screens with my Passcard 3 after the splash screen.

Edit - I tried both NDSPacher and Loadme and neither would work on the flashme.nds rom, both give errors.

7. illumina

Member illumina GBAtemp Regular

Featured Posts:
    Did you ever get this to work? I've tried patching the flashme.nds with both ndspatcher and loadme as well and both give the same error.

8. Dirtie

Former Staff Dirtie :'D

Featured Posts:
    New Zealand
    Use DSLazy to prepend a loader. It'll spit out a (527kb) file that you should rename the extension of to .ds.gba

9. illumina

Member illumina GBAtemp Regular

Featured Posts:
    cool thanks. I'm at work but i'll try that when i get home. I also have NDSloader.bin that i can add to it in dos.

10. ZildjianKX
    OP

Featured Posts:
    United States
    Never worked for me. My Passcard 3 also doesn't work with my EZ 4 Lite MicroSD... oh well [​IMG]