Flascarts in Singapore? (Calling Singaporeans!)

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Toxxysko, Apr 21, 2009.

Apr 21, 2009
  1. Toxxysko
    OP

Newcomer Toxxysko Member

Malaysia
    Heya, just wondering about flashcarts in Singapore and if they are legal there or not, as a friend of mine is coming up here and interested in getting one (his collection is getting a wee bit too large to carry around).

Thanks in advance!

2. Domination

Member Domination GBAtemp Psycho!

Singapore
    I dunno but i don't think they are legal cos most shops here sell them unopenly and secretly ( most shops i went to "don't sell them", though when i email them they are willing to sell) But most of the people i know have flashcarts....

3. Toxxysko
    OP

Newcomer Toxxysko Member

Malaysia
    Thanks for the rather quick response!

Yeah, i hear the fine for selling them is SG$5000 for each flashcart you are caught with.

So what does the law say regarding consumer use? Is it enforced? I guess that's the most important question.

Thanks again!

EDIT: Just need to get a few more responses before directing my friend to this topic so he can decide on his own from there. (I don't want to egg him on if it's going to get him fined over something stupid like keeping backups of games he already has).

4. Domination

Member Domination GBAtemp Psycho!

Singapore
    I cant give you a definite answer cos i'm just 14 and know next to nothing about law.

But as far as i know there has been little cases about individuals arrested but there were raids at a popular IT mall by a regional game watchdog(or whatever).

Also a popular online forum, sgclub, is rampant with flashcart talk so you or your friend can go to these local forums for clearer insight instead of here, GBAtemp has a larger population of non-asians.

5. agony

Member agony GBAtemp Regular

Singapore
    Legal? Not really. But I doubt anyone will care as long as you are not selling.

6. Toxxysko
    OP

Newcomer Toxxysko Member

Malaysia
    Fair enough, thanks for the responses so far folks! I'll update what happens when the time comes. =)