Fizeau - Adjust color of your Switch screen

Fizeau
test.png

Adjust the color of the screen of your Nintendo Switch.

Features:
  • Modify the color temperature of the display.
  • Filter colors to one single component.
  • Apply color corrections: gamma, luminance, and color range.
  • Control the screen backlight brightness.
  • Schedule settings to be applied to dusk/dawn time, with smooth transitions.
Installation:
Download the latest zip from the release page, unzip it to the root of your sd card (be careful to merge and not overwrite folders), and reboot.
Only the latest version of the Atmosphère CFW is supported.
If you want to use the overlay, you will need to set up Tesla (install Tesla-Menu and ovlloader). This isn't supported on firmware versions prior to 9.0.0.

Supported firmwares:
All firmares are expected working. The software was tested working on 1.0.0, 2.0.0, 6.0.0 and 10.1.0. If you encounter an issue running this on a particular version, please create an issue.
Settings:
  • Settings are saved at /switch/Fizeau/config.ini, which you can also edit.
  • To reduce the memory usage of the sysmodule, settings are not read continually. Instead, they are applied on application launch. Thus, you will need to launch the client after a reboot to restart Fizeau.

Link: https://github.com/averne/Fizeau/

Last edited by averne,

staticpirate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I Would like congrats for the awesome homebrew Fizeau, @averne ! Always when i update my system and AMS i look for the latest version of the app, this is great to play at night before sleep and "upgrade" the saturation in handheld mode actually.

For now i have a small problem: i don't know why but in the latest AMS (20.1) the chainloader version doesn't boot with system and works as the "normal" version. I have searched for the fix but i didn't find =(
If do you know what can i do to fix it this would be great! :D

Firmware 12.1.0, AMS: 20.1, Fizeau: 2.2.1chl and Hekate: 5.6.0

Thanks!

Last edited by staticpirate,

averne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I Would like congrats for the awesome homebrew Fizeau, @averne ! Always when i update my system and AMS i look for the latest version of the app, this is great to play at night before sleep and "upgrade" the saturation in handheld mode actually.

For now i have a small problem: i don't know why but in the latest AMS (20.1) the chainloader version doesn't boot with system and works as the "normal" version. I have searched for the fix but i didn't find =(
If do you know what can i do to fix it this would be great! :D

Firmware 12.1.0, AMS: 20.1, Fizeau: 2.2.1chl and Hekate: 5.6.0

Thanks!
Just tried with the latest release zip, it boots fine with both the latest hekate and fusee.
Are you using the mesosphere version, or emunand?

staticpirate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just tried with the latest release zip, it boots fine with both the latest hekate and fusee.
Are you using the mesosphere version, or emunand?
I normally use the mesosphere version without emunand but i tried the "non-mesosphere version" and Fizeau chainloader works well, then i tried a clean atmosphere with mesosphere and works again...
So i think i have another sys module in conflict to Fizeau.
I will try turning on / off to find this possible conflict.
Thanks!

sean222

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you very much for this! I stopped using my Switch for a while because the stock colors were too washed out... Then I found this and I'm enjoying my Switch again.

I couldn't get the chainloader version to work on FW 13.0.0 and the latest Atmosphere. Crashed on boot, had to delete folder 01000000000F12 or something like that to boot, then I restored the non-chainloader version and it works great.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Dear @averne please update your super nice program to support it FW 13.1.0 @ AMS 1.2.1 Thank you in advance

would be sweet, and also how do i use this app to get a yellow screen (the switch i have now has a green/blue tint i dislike it) i love warm yellow.

this app can do it yes? is there anything i need for it to work?

or just atmosphere and nothing else?

averne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
would be sweet, and also how do i use this app to get a yellow screen (the switch i have now has a green/blue tint i dislike it) i love warm yellow.

this app can do it yes? is there anything i need for it to work?

or just atmosphere and nothing else?
Try messing with the temperature and saturation settings. Currently there's no way to directly set coefficients, since there are 9 of them it can get quite complex to do by hand.

Reactions: leonmagnus99

jnl1

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you for this homebrew! Will try it out today and see if I won´t be jealous anymore of people playing with an OLED switch ;) Are there any recommended settings or is it just try and test?

EDIT: Just tried it. Crazy how good this looks now!!

Last edited by jnl1,

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Try messing with the temperature and saturation settings. Currently there's no way to directly set coefficients, since there are 9 of them it can get quite complex to do by hand.
thx fam ,i launch fiz and i get error 0x1 (2001-0000)
I'm on the latest ams/fw

I've got v2.2.2 of fiz

ohh there's v 2.2.3!!

but in assets i see only 222

o must ve cause i don't have that tesla thing added

Last edited by leonmagnus99,

averne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
thx fam ,i launch fiz and i get error 0x1 (2001-0000)
I'm on the latest ams/fw

I've got v2.2.2 of fiz

ohh there's v 2.2.3!!

but in assets i see only 222

o must ve cause i don't have that tesla thing added
Oh right it's because i forgot to bump the version in the makefile. Should work regardless though...

Gep_Etto

Being late since '88
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Oh, I love this! My Switch was the only one of my most-used devices without color temperature control.

Does this work when docked or only on the Switch's own screen?

Swyldp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just updated my switch firmware to 13.1 and atmosphere to 1.2.4. Fizeau stopped working so I updated it to 2.2.2 but it still won't run.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't realize I had to reboot for the update to take effect. Works great; still one of the most valuable homebrew apps for the switch!

sean222

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone able to get the chainloader version working on 13.1.0? On boot I get:
A fatal error occurred when running Atmosphere.
Program ID: 0100000000000f12
Error Desc: std::abort() called (0xffe)

Tried fusee.bin and my normal hekate.bin, neither work.

Non-chainloader version works great though!

EDIT: Got the Chainloader version working by dumb luck on 13.1.0.
I noticed the only difference (I think) between the chainloader version and non-chainloader is that the chainloader version has an extra folder in Atmosphere/Contents, this one: 010000000000CF12. So I just took the non-chainloader version and extracted it to my SD Card, then copied over 010000000000CF12 as well. Then it worked! I have Fizeau adjusted colors ON BOOT!!!! :)

The 0100000000000F12 folder in the chainloader version seems to be missing files in that folder...that may be the issue with the chainloader version...

Last edited by sean222,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lDRjqI-fBVI&pp=ygUPVml0Z2luIG1hZ2ljaWFu