Fixmii Beta

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by M1r0, Apr 4, 2011.

Apr 4, 2011

Fixmii Beta by M1r0 at 1:51 AM (1,188 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. M1r0
    OP

Member M1r0 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Hey, this is just a simple web version of the Savemii diagrams that can help debug Wii's. I may add some things more (it's a little outdated), but it can be a good pointer as to what to do. (Do not rely only off of it's advice (or anyones), ask for other people advice too) So, Here it is: http://bit.ly/fiarxo

2. mauifrog

Member mauifrog DA KINE WiiHacker

United States
    I don't know, that guide just told be to get a savemii and update from disc to fix my wii. I know this is what savemii would say to do, but it is the last thing I think I would suggest, especially without knowing the details of the brick. Good idea, but I don't think it will work well at the moment.

3. M1r0
    OP

Member M1r0 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    That's why I'm not recommending it just yet, I just created it, need some fine tuning. It would help if you told me what you said your wii's problem was, what it said, and what it should say.

4. giantpune

Member giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    with all the hundreds of different things that can go wrong with a wii, your flow chart is gonna have to be really big and require a lot more effort than you have put into this.

and how about your guide should not suggest to do anything to the wii unless it knows what is wrong with it? dont make 1 single change to the filesystem until you have examined it. using a flow chart that asks smple yes/no questions only about what the console does incorrectly is definitely gonna miss things and make faulty assumptions, and i bet the advice it gives will be wrong more often than it will be right.

5. mauifrog

Member mauifrog DA KINE WiiHacker

United States
    There is nothing wrong with my wii. I was just checking out your guide.

6. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    My main gripe with this site is that it's hard to visualise. If it's just a bunch of yes/no questions, then I'd pick a flowchart diagram over this any day of the week.

Furthermore: if the solution is to make a thread on this forum or wiihacks, that's fine...but it should at least have a link to these forums. Also...is Deadlyfoez aware that you're mentioning him?

7. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    I would not mind IF it was done in something that was not so annoying. 40 different pop up windows is aggravating at the least. Nobody would want to keep clicking things just to get info. If it is general info then it should be on the page, not in a pop up. But thats my opinion.

m1r0, you can use my name and my email address in something if you want to, but you will have to do something to make fixmii a lot more friendly.

But honestly, you should have asked me first, and then I would tell you that I don't mind. Also, please use proper caps in my name where needed. Thank you.

8. M1r0
    OP

Member M1r0 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    @Deadlyfoez: Sorry, just taking it from http://www.wiihacks.com/bricked-wii-issues...hing-guide.html mauifrogs guide for brick fixing from infectus. Sorry, for not asking.

@maiufrog: I realize nothing is wrong with your wii, just wondering if you could tell me what you would recommend instead so I can fix the site up.

@giantpune: Of course it's not going to be definitive, which is why I encourage people to start a topic on GBAtemp, and also to ask for other advice. At the beginning of this topic I said it was only for pointing people in the right direction.