Hacking Fixing spindown issues in IOS249?

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
I know that Hermes' cIOS fixes spindown issues, but I was wondering if IOS249 can do this too. I ask because Wiiflow can't handle IOS223 properly (which I need to play RB2 with DLC), and IOS249 seems to work faster. I tried to use the Configurable USB loader with IOS223, but the game randomly freezes when selecting a song.

EDIT: By the way I use a Western Digital 250G HDD

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Install v4 of 223 with 38 merged with 37 instead. The support for v5 with 37 base seems to be a little unstable. We're looking into the problem with Cfg, but it might take some time to figure out what exactly is wrong.

Or does the DLC need a different IOS again?

In any case, IOS249 does have some spindown fixes, but not as many as 222.

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Well I think I tried doing that once (Hermes v4 38 merge 37), but there were still DLC issues... I'll try later, though. I'll also try HDDScan... I thought there was a WD-specific program to stop spindown, but I never found a version for my Passport drive. Anyway thanks, I'll post when I know if it works!

btw, with IOS249 fixes you mean fixes that automatically implemented, or do I need to do anything special?

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Well, HDDScan didn't work. As for the IOS 222, the game loaded but DLC doesn't work; my guess it that only a "pure" IOS37 will work, not merges. Anyway, I'll just use IOS249 with base 37 until Wiiflow or cfg loader suppor hermes v5.

EDIT: It seems that cfg loader now supports Hermes v5, but I gave it a go and RB2 loads, but it freezes after a minute or two. I'll wait for Wiiflow then.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Cheers for the links :P