Fixing Netcode!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by TheWon, Jan 23, 2011.

Jan 23, 2011

Fixing Netcode! by TheWon at 2:12 AM (803 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. TheWon
    OP

Member TheWon GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I noticed how a lot of guys are able to look at files on games. Alter them to change, and add things to the game. Well I was wondering would it be possible to go in. To repair the online net code in the game? Are the files even accessible with the current tools. Just wanted to know was this possible. I figured we can add to games why not repair games. That developers never did due to them being lazy.

2. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    It is not easy to do stuff like that, and takes a lot of work and knowledge. Stuff like that does not happen unless there are lots of people interested in it.

Another option is ocarina codes. Sometimes those can do enough to fix simple bugs, but it still requires someone to hunt down a fix.

3. TheWon
    OP

United States
    Thanks I figured it wasn't something that could be done by a single person. Just wanted to know how possible it was!

4. Slimmmmmm

Member Slimmmmmm GBAtemp MoNkEeE

United Kingdom
    Can you explain the problem in more detail? Sorry but myself and many others might not have the game, or the time to go looking.

So what exactly is the "problem" and when does it happen? Can you reproduce it easily?

I'm sure many people would love to be involved in helping fix a problem made by the "pros" [​IMG]

5. TheWon
    OP

United States
    http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showt...093&page=32
    It's a old issue from the only online Wii Game DBZ BT3. Basically due to the net code program by Atari or Namco. Pretty much makes the game very difficult to play online. Regardless of your distance or speed.
    The main issue is the netcode. It has a default setting to lower the FPS when the net speed dips. It's really not big of a issue since people don't play it that much. I just figure I ask since people are always doing something on here. To improve or make games better.

6. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    I don't think this is possible. Even if the full source code of the game somehow got leaked (not going to happen), and a brilliant team of coders optimizes the netcode for all it can get (not going to happen either)...even then: this is net code you're talking about. The way the game interacts with other people playing the game. You cannot "just" change that on your end and expect it to run well for all other players (who are using unpatched versions of the game). At best, you will only be able to use the optimized code against other players having the same version. And that is assuming this game uses a P2P structure (I admit I don't know it). If it has a server-client architecture, there is simply no way to not be kicked from any server you try to join for not having the normal net code.

7. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    ^^ He is so right. What the OP is wanting just wont happen in the end. Sorry to destroy whatever hopes you had, but this is really the case.

Even if you do have the fix, almost no one else will and it will defeat the purpose.