Hardware Fixing d pad on a "new" Nintendo 3DS XL

tatumanu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello, so i have a launch day AUS EU N3DS XL:
— Dpad stopped registering left unless i press extremely hard (enough to break a pencil)
— Dpad is lose and rocky from day one but it feel worse now,many people complained about this online for almost any model.

I want to fix this issue myself since my console is hacked with A9lh ( i will upgrade to boot9 after i fix this)
So i bought the rubber part and the Dpad chip itself just in case, all from aliexpress.

My question is:

Is there anyway i can make my Dpad not feel lose? Reenforcing the rubber somehow maybe?
Or placing the chip more tightly against the rubbers?

I haven't opened the console yet as i'm a bit nervous about it and i want to do it without rushing, i'm going to follow the ifixit tutorial combined with disassembly videos from youtube and hopefully some tips from you guys.

Marmotta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You could try placing something small in the centre of the rubber part, that way you won't be interfering with the D pad contacts, but it might push up against the top plastic part and stop it from feeling so loose.

Reactions: tatumanu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."