Hardware Fixing a PSP 3000 screen, or replacing it with 2000 Screen?

jrk190

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I have a black PSP 3000 and a white PSP 2000. There are a few things I want to work on. First, Neither of them have battery covers, and I'm using electrical tape. Where can I get the doors and a battery for cheap? Also, the screen on my 3000 is broken. Could I replace it with the 2000 screen, or should I just buy another one, and how cheap do they go? Thanks!

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Battery covers are simple, any sort of chinese parts site should work (many that sell flash carts also sell PSP parts).
The battery's another story, reports always show that ones from chinese sites are crappy, I'd try a brick-and-mortar local games store if you have one.

3K and 2K screens aren't compatible.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

jrk190

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.dealextre...attery-one-1567

http://www.dealextre...-psp-3000-30104

Supposedly 2000 and 3000 use the same slim battery covers? This is the only black one I can find, DX nor etcome have them.

http://www.amazon.co...36414754&sr=8-1

Edit - amazon should sell batteries also. You could try to find everything on there, and make the order be over $25 for free shipping as long as everything is the super saver shipping tagged.
Okay, I'm probably going to get the screen from dealextreme, and the battery covers from etcome. I have a new question-where can I find some good, cheap shell mods? I might actually make my PSP's Clear! :D

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DX has the replacement housings too. A review of the red one said the plastic was a little cheaper than OEM quality, which is to be expected of these China parts.

Keep in mind the screw holes on these things are also usually not pre-threaded, so make sure you don't overtighten.

jrk190

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DX has the replacement housings too. A review of the red one said the plastic was a little cheaper than OEM quality, which is to be expected of these China parts.

Keep in mind the screw holes on these things are also usually not pre-threaded, so make sure you don't overtighten.
Eh, nevermind. I typically strip the threads and ruin things. *cough*myoldDSlite*cough*

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On a 2k or a 3k? Post a pic of it?

I only have a 3k to go by, and while we're at that, on my 3k I am only seeing tiny philips screws. You shouldn't need a triwing for it, but if you have the extra 2 bucks you might want to consider grabbing one, they're useful to have for NIntendo stuff anyway.

jrk190

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that sucks. On the 3000 and 2000 I've only seen philips heads. I used to have a tri-wing, when I was 8, I got this thing that let me connect my gameboy advance to the tv. It was so cool...

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Yeah, that sucks. On the 3000 and 2000 I've only seen philips heads. I used to have a tri-wing, when I was 8, I got this thing that let me connect my gameboy advance to the tv. It was so cool...

i remember that kit. you had to take the whole gba apart and it made a new back for it. i can't remember who made it or what it was called. =/

-another world

JFTS

Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
I have a similar question, so I'll ask it in this thread instead of opening a new one.

My cousin lent me his PSP 3000 for the summer and everything works fine, but I noticed some issues with the screen. It seems that there are sort of horizontal lines and the games' graphics look kinda "broken" or blurry. In other words it's much different (and frankly worse) than the PSP 2000. I know Sony made some changes on the screen of the 3000, but I'm not sure about it. Does anyone know more on the subject?

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
The difference you should expect from a PSP2000-to-PSP3000 screen is a "scanline" effect, but drawing 3D primitives much nicer (in my opinion), the only downside of this is the ghosting effect the screen causes on 3000.

PSP2000 looks blurrier on 2D and 3D but the screen has no ghosting issues, or little.

JFTS

Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
The difference you should expect from a PSP2000-to-PSP3000 screen is a "scanline" effect, but drawing 3D primitives much nicer (in my opinion), the only downside of this is the ghosting effect the screen causes on 3000.

PSP2000 looks blurrier on 2D and 3D but the screen has no ghosting issues, or little.
Thanks! That's exactly the answer I was looking for. I guess I'll stick with PSP 2000.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.