Hacking Fixing a broken NAND with no backup (a9lh only?)

dudemo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will be a while. At least a few more months, possibly up to six here in the hospital. After I leave the hospital, I am destined for a rehab center near my home. While there, a volunteer crew plans to outfit my home for wheelchair usage and a standing frame.

Its looking like I won't be home for up to 6 more months, at the very least. Possibly longer, depending how I do here in the hospital and rehab. Infection is currently my biggest concern, but they've got me on so many antibiotics right now because my immune system is going spaz trying to repair the damage and failing. Also blood clots due to always remaining in a laying position and lack of movement. (Electronic stimulation helps with that, but it is very uncomfortable. I feel it everywhere and it makes my teeth fillings hurt and my eyes vibrate uncontrollably for minutes afterwords.) Further down the road I will need several spine stabilization surgeries (Heh, I'm now like Nintendo and need updates for stability!!) which will eventually allow me to remain in a sitting position without the use of my pelvis.

I appreciate your offer, however I am going to decline. I have a 32Gb card in my 3DS and a 64Gb socked into my laptop to add extra storage space for my 128Gb SSD. I'll just duplicate my SD cards contents into both, and store different games on each card. I have an 8Gb data limit through Verizon, so I'll just be selective on my games and try to finish one before grabbing another. I need to learn patience now, and this will help. Also, being stuck on 9.2 limits what I can play as a few games will need my firmware to be on a later version to be able to run. (I'm trying to convince my nurse friend to give me access to their wireless network, so I can update and grab the freeShop but so far, no dice.)

_Pro_Man_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will be a while. At least a few more months, possibly up to six here in the hospital. After I leave the hospital, I am destined for a rehab center near my home. While there, a volunteer crew plans to outfit my home for wheelchair usage and a standing frame.

Its looking like I won't be home for up to 6 more months, at the very least. Possibly longer, depending how I do here in the hospital and rehab. Infection is currently my biggest concern, but they've got me on so many antibiotics right now because my immune system is going spaz trying to repair the damage and failing. Also blood clots due to always remaining in a laying position and lack of movement. (Electronic stimulation helps with that, but it is very uncomfortable. I feel it everywhere and it makes my teeth fillings hurt and my eyes vibrate uncontrollably for minutes afterwords.) Further down the road I will need several spine stabilization surgeries (Heh, I'm now like Nintendo and need updates for stability!!) which will eventually allow me to remain in a sitting position without the use of my pelvis.

I appreciate your offer, however I am going to decline. I have a 32Gb card in my 3DS and a 64Gb socked into my laptop to add extra storage space for my 128Gb SSD. I'll just duplicate my SD cards contents into both, and store different games on each card. I have an 8Gb data limit through Verizon, so I'll just be selective on my games and try to finish one before grabbing another. I need to learn patience now, and this will help. Also, being stuck on 9.2 limits what I can play as a few games will need my firmware to be on a later version to be able to run. (I'm trying to convince my nurse friend to give me access to their wireless network, so I can update and grab the freeShop but so far, no dice.)
Glad you were able to get your 3DS working again, and I hope you get better soon!

I would tell the nurse that you need the power of Wi-Fi to update and gain more stabilization (both for your 3ds and yourself) :P

dudemo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad you were able to get your 3DS working again, and I hope you get better soon!

I would tell the nurse that you need the power of Wi-Fi to update and gain more stabilization (both for your 3ds and yourself) :P

Thanks! I've been telling her that I cannot use it to browse their network but she doesn't believe me. I think it's more that if I have the password on my 3DS, I can get it and use it on my laptop. I don't want to do that. I just want to update and reacquire my games lol. It could also be that they are MAC filtering and she isn't lying when she said it just cannot be done.

I've thought seriously about grabbing a Linux distribution like Kali and going to town on their wifi. WPA2 can take forever to crack though, especially without rainbow tables. :(

mrissaoussama

Hiuhbi32
Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
Thanks! I've been telling her that I cannot use it to browse their network but she doesn't believe me. I think it's more that if I have the password on my 3DS, I can get it and use it on my laptop. I don't want to do that. I just want to update and reacquire my games lol. It could also be that they are MAC filtering and she isn't lying when she said it just cannot be done.

I've thought seriously about grabbing a Linux distribution like Kali and going to town on their wifi. WPA2 can take forever to crack though, especially without rainbow tables. :(

Tell the nurse what's a 3ds and she'll probably understand. or make her connect the system to the internet and update it herself

I wonder... How does Nintendo fix bricked consoles? Do they format and everything? I know they update but... Just a doubt I have. Sorry if I'm being such a noob.
they replace the NAND chip. or do what OP said :P

Reactions: Lightyose

dudemo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you download the update files by 3DNUS and install them manually like with sysupdater?
I cannot make either version of 3DNUS work on my computer. They both flash a standard Windows error message for a brief second and then automatically close. I tried each one a few weeks ago before my accident to restore the health and safety app with no success.

mrissaoussama

Hiuhbi32
Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
I cannot make either version of 3DNUS work on my computer. They both flash a standard Windows error message for a brief second and then automatically close. I tried each one a few weeks ago before my accident to restore the health and safety app with no success.

then use other sources. try using google or downloading the files from plailect's old guide

Autz

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
This is what happend when you don't have a NAND backup. Always have a NAND backup.

Just kidding. Correct me if i'm wrong, but how can the non-bricked console fix the broken CTRNAND? I get it. but that procedure would be a pain to install one by one if the brick is serious. At that point it would be more easier to get the CTRNAND from the non-bricked console and transfer it to the bricked one.

Last edited by Autz,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
"That" ISO site might have them

dudemo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gonna look into UpdateCDN by cearp. That ISO site didn't have them as far as I could see. If I can get the required files, I could do a manual update, although I've never actually done it.

I ain't scared. I have a NAND backup now. ;)

Reactions: Quantumcat

dudemo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Figures. I manage to get the goddamn thing updated to 11.0-33U and now there's another update. Thankfully, all the games I had work on 11, so I will not be updating it past that until I get solid wireless. I have made another NAND backup of 11 and stored it on MEGA so I shouldn't have this problem ever again.

My brother showed up! He is the reason I first hacked my 3DS, and he said he will absolutely go back to my house and grab some things I require. But he doesn't have to because my parents are on their way and I got them to stop for some extra stuff, my pillow (I LOVE my pillow, damnit) my external drive and a few other things. Should be here tomorrow. Also, upon reinstalling Bravely Default, all my saves were still there!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Tattle-tale :creep: +1