Fixing a Bricked Wii From the HBC???

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by lettuce, Oct 4, 2009.

1. lettuce
    OP

lettuce GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 27, 2006
    Ok heres what happened, updated my Wii (with Wiikey v1) from 3.1E to 4.2E using the guide on this forum, found out that because i had a Wiikey fitted that i couldnt play NTSC games anymore, so i stupidly decided to downgrade my FW using the ULTIMSTE System Menu 4.1 guide on here by assassda, i managed to downgrade to 3.2E fine and then upgarde to 4.1 using Waninkoko's update prog. When i restarted my Wii i got a black screen, with my TV display the 'No Signal' message. Now i have stupidly deleted my NAND.bin file from bootmii for this wii, i can get into the HBC through BootMii, is there anyway i can fix my Wii through a app on the HBC???

2. BBking83

BBking83 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 23, 2008
    Australia
    All you needed to do was trucha sign IOS70 when you were on 4.2.

You'd probably need to install some IOSes from bootmii, but I have no idea what ones...

3. lettuce
    OP

Jul 27, 2006
    Is it usual that i should be able to get into the HBC, from a completely bricked Wii though?? Could/Should i run the cIOS downgrader, and downgrade to 3.0E or something would i then be able to get to the system menu??

4. diazao

diazao Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2009
    Brazil
    RJ
    You can restore it by downgrading or by another wii's NAND backup. [​IMG]

5. longtom1

longtom1 Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen

Jan 12, 2009
    Honey Oils inc.
    the black screen is probably caused by a stubbed IOS60 could try dop-ios and press - button to install an old version of IOS60 which is not stubbed

6. lettuce
    OP

Jul 27, 2006
    Well i cant locate my NAND file, but luckly i was able to install bootmii on to boot2 of the Wii, before i attempted any updates, which i guess is my saving grace. So i dont want to downgrade back to an early FW, say 3.1E before i do anything, you think i should just place DOP-IOS v8 in the apps folder and install an older version of ISO60 and that will fix it, i dont want to take any chances, would just like to get it back to a fresh 3.1E first i guees. Will anything i do now stop me from getting into the HBC again, as if this happens im completely screw. Any step by step guide here guys would be much appreciated.

EDIT: by the way i cannot use my wiimote for some reason so am using the GC controller, what is the button on the GC pad, for '-' & '+' on the wiimote?

7. longtom1

Jan 12, 2009
    Honey Oils inc.
  8. diazao

diazao Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2009
    Brazil
    RJ
    I think it's the Z button

9. lettuce
    OP

Jul 27, 2006
    Which i iso do i need to use for loading other iso, in dop-iso, iso60??

10. longtom1

Jan 12, 2009
    Honey Oils inc.
    try using IOS250 if you've got one cause it's a backup of your CIOS249

11. techboy

techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    Pennsylvania
    ISO is not IOS...An ISO is an image of a CD/DVD. An IOS is a firmware component.

Anyway, do what was said above - Use IOS250 to run DOP-IOS, Install IOS60. When you get the thing unbricked, make a new NAND dump for it.

12. lettuce
    OP

Jul 27, 2006
    Yeah i used the NUSD method, downloaded ISO60 version 6174 and installed using wadmanger, all is working fine now. Is there a program about that will bascially put the wii back to factory defaukts, just as if the Wii is brand new??

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice