mugel0190

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I can't wait to get my hands on this! Over here in europe it seems we have to wait forever
frown.gif
So please someone dump and spread it!

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I say you should dump it independently, but I don't know how to go about doing it. I think it would be sweet to have your name on the release. Make a cute little NFO haha

Hooya

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have the game dumped and I started to upload it to usenet, but my upload is horribly capped. It would take 2 weeks to upload the entire game and during that time the internet in our house would be useless.

If anyone has any suggestions I'm willing to take them. Hell, I could mail a physical copy of the disk to someone else to dump in less time.

In the meantime, people could buy the game and send off to get the replacement. You still aren't yet able to buy guitars alone in the USA anyway for a couple weeks. It didn't take all that long of a turn around to get the disk back.

Hooya

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
unsteadycarrot said:
how about private ftp?

Wouldn't matter. My upload is capped by my ISP, it has nothing to do with my usenet provider. The absolute fastest I can get the files to anywhere from my computer in my home is 13 days for total transmission. It doesn't matter where it's to.

unsteadycarrot

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ah that really sucks

could you do me a favour?

open it with trucha and go into the music dir, extract storyofmylife.dat.ngc AND storyofmylife.wad.ngc

rar and upload to rapidshare/megaupload......if its no trouble, it will help with the custom song progress.

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Also, do you have an ISO of the original version? If so, would it be possible to extract some of the files and do a bit of a comparison to see what's changed? Or even create a diff patch against the original to see how big it is (and possibly share)?

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
unsteadycarrot said:
ah that really sucks

could you do me a favour?

open it with trucha and go into the music dir, extract storyofmylife.dat.ngc AND storyofmylife.wad.ngc

rar and upload to rapidshare/megaupload......if its no trouble, it will help with the custom song progress.
Yeah, do whatever unsteadycarrot asks. He's kicking ass in the GHIII custom scene, and I want him to find out the good stuff so that I can make a nice custom game!

unsteadycarrot

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
theres been some more developements over on scorehero, but stil no solid stuff yet.
im making progress (albeit slow) but its to do with the wav contained in the fsb file taken from a wad (song file for gh3 wii)

i cant seem to figure out what its originally coded at, i managed to replace the troublesome song storyofmylife (for some reason this is the only song that we cannot swap...all other songs seem to work but only using my audio conversion method).. anyway, i replaced storyofmylife on my latest burn and it actually played music and loaded! which is a BIG step forward in finding out the true wav format, but it was very staticy and sounded horrible. if anyone here has any experience with fsb files or wav formats then we need you.

im no coder and iv never been this involved with customs or game hacking etc so this is ALL very new to me still (but as you can see, im determined and enthusiastic) im positive that as soon as we crack this audio problem we can instert all our new songs into the mono version then just pop them all in the stereo version when we get it (because acording to my findings all the songs in the game are already stereo, its just the engine that makes them sound mono) which also makes me think that if we knew what files they altered for the stereo, instead of obtaining the new iso, we would only need the new engine files and replace the old ones in trucha.

iv found a debug menu and a downloads menu!!!
so iv replaced a few existing menus with these just to test them, cause DLC for wii might be a way for us to make our own DLC..but we wont know until theres some official dlc, or if the download stuff in the game is intact or just leftover code.

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bobitos said:
Is there any way there could be a patched release that would allow us simply to patch the mono version ISO to get it in stereo?

Yes, this is possible. Someone just needs to do a compare and see how different the ISOS are. If it's small then a patch could be easily written.

I was able to figure out the FSB structure of the song files and people are having great success replacing songs (music and note charts). Others are working on edits to the actual song lists (text) and such. Check it out at scorehero.com.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Tandem even
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released