Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
wednesday, my computer was dead. I always keep it powered, so I noticed there were no more picture displayed.
The computer seemed to have rebooted as the keboard was reacting, but nothing was really booted.

I rebooted/reseted the PC, and there's no BIP at boot. no bip at all, but the fans are working.
I think there's no HDD activity either, but not sure.

I thought it could be the mother board, but again not sure. I'e read comments on different forums that it could be the power supply.
I have one, I can test.

Thrusday, having no computer, I thought I would watch netflix on my PS4 but again, no picture at all.
My TV was dead too ??? I can wach tv, but all my hdmi ports are not displaying any pictures.
I tried PS4, WiiU, another device which was connected at the tv, along with my computer (connected to hdmi to get dual screen!)

I thought all my hdmi ports was dead on my TV, I started even wondering if one didn't break the other.
maybe ths PC broke the TV, or the TV broke ALL the connected devices.

Friday (today) I brought my PS4 to my parent's home to test it on their TV.
Again, NO MORE VIDEO output from PS4 either .....

So, this week, I lost my computer (I don't know about my data)
I lost my TV?
I lost my PS4
I probably lost more (I don't know if my WiiU is dead, or if it's only the TV not displaying anything from hdml, or the tv hdmi port which are dead)

I think my TV did some surge to all connected deviced and broke all hdmi on each devices ... Is that possible?
My computer crashed, due to graphic card crash, and no bip or POST BIOS check at all .... nothing
My PS4 hdmi is broken (is there a fuse?)

My wiiu wasn't connected at the same time, but there's no picture displayed either, I hope I didn't just fride (fryied? broken) it while testing on my TV......

I have no nothing
I'm writting from my father's computer.
I don't know how often I'll come here but I wanted to let you all know I had that issue and can't be there anymore for some time.

If you have any suggestion for my PS4 (how do you activate rescue mode? is it possible hdmi is not enabled by default? how do I connect it not using hdmi ?)
If you have any suggestion for my TV (maybe firmware update... I have a Sony Bravia KDE 32ex5)
If you have any idea for my computer (bios issue, mother board issue, graphic card issue, RAM, etc...)

I'll try to look at the answers

edit: sorry for all typo, not used to his keyboard

Last edited by Cyan,

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Shit.. I was in shock reading this whole post. I can't imagine how you would feel losing all your stuff like that..

I don't know what I could do to help. I hope this can be resolved soon :(

As for your devices, it sounds like it might be a power surge (though I've thankfully never seen one), so I'm not really sure what you can do about your devices :(

BigPanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
For your computer, did you try to reset the 'Bios Settings' using either the button or the jumper ? Might also want to remove the RAM and try to boot without it see what is happening.

For the ps4, I sadly don't know but on PS3, I had an issue where the hdmi was not working as it was trying to use the Composite cable. Holding the power button for like 8 secondes until you heard a beep fixed the issue. No idea if you can try something similar with the ps4.

Jack Daniels

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
wednesday, my computer was dead. I always keep it powered, so I noticed there were no more picture displayed.
The computer seemed to have rebooted as the keboard was reacting, but nothing was really booted.

I rebooted/reseted the PC, and there's no BIP at boot. no bip at all, but the fans are working.
I think there's no HDD activity either, but not sure.

I thought it could be the mother board, but again not sure. I'e read comments on different forums that it could be the power supply.
I have one, I can test.

Thrusday, having no computer, I thought I would watch netflix on my PS4 but again, no picture at all.
My TV was dead too ??? I can wach tv, but all my hdmi ports are not displaying any pictures.
I tried PS4, WiiU, another device which was connected at the tv, along with my computer (connected to hdmi to get dual screen!)

I thought all my hdmi ports was dead on my TV, I started even wondering if one didn't break the other.
maybe ths PC broke the TV, or the TV broke ALL the connected devices.

Friday (today) I brought my PS4 to my parent's home to test it on their TV.
Again, NO MORE VIDEO output from PS4 either .....

So, this week, I lost my computer (I don't know about my data)
I lost my TV?
I lost my PS4
I probably lost more (I don't know if my WiiU is dead, or if it's only the TV not displaying anything from hdml, or the tv hdmi port which are dead)

I think my TV did some surge to all connected deviced and broke all hdmi on each devices ... Is that possible?
My computer crashed, due to graphic card crash, and no bip or POST BIOS check at all .... nothing
My PS4 hdmi is broken (is there a fuse?)

My wiiu wasn't connected at the same time, but there's no picture displayed either, I hope I didn't just fride (fryied? broken) it while testing on my TV......

I have no nothing
I'm writting from my father's computer.
I don't know how often I'll come here but I wanted to let you all know I had that issue and can't be there anymore for some time.

If you have any suggestion for my PS4 (how do you activate rescue mode? is it possible hdmi is not enabled by default? how do I connect it not using hdmi ?)
If you have any suggestion for my TV (maybe firmware update... I have a Sony Bravia KDE 32ex5)
If you have any idea for my computer (bios issue, mother board issue, graphic card issue, RAM, etc...)

I'll try to look at the answers

edit: sorry for all typo, not used to his keyboard
since HDMI is network alike connector, it can do as much damage as a RJ-45 can do. i don't know about ps4's since i have not used one for more then 5 minutes.
i'd open the systems, look for burn patterns... it depends on what's broken/burned if it's a simple repair...
for pc almost all parts are repairable... look in all connectors male and female for burns/corrosion and please tell what you see.
ps4 hdmi connector seems to get broken some times, no fuse, but damage is mostly the connector itself.

Last edited by Jack Daniels,
D

Deleted User

Oh jeez, that is really hard. I've never had that happened. Have you tried other outlets or power strips?

ivoyko

Trophies
XP
Country
Probably this isnt usefull but you should demand light company. My computer broken more than a pair of times with power surges and i always fix it with my money but u lost a lot of devices and that its so unfair.

Last edited by ivoyko,

ivoyko

Trophies
XP
Country
I dont know his cause but when i have a power surge im not doing nothing special and bang power out some minutes and then power on again and crash!!

BlueFox gui

SOMEONE
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It is not very recommended to leave all the devices connected toa, what you MUST do now is to contact the energy company, they are THANK YOU to buy new products for you, especially your pc, they will have to buy all the parts and Set up a new pc for you, the same way your old one was.
At least here in Brazil it works like this.

Jack Daniels

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i'm affraid in europe you'll need proof it's thier misstake, and show you disconnected all devices when not in use...
since all devices used the same tv/screen, it seems like it's one of the devices or the tv that caused it, and i'd think the broken ps4 connector is main suspect.

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Believe it or not, it might be the fault of your electric provider. They once sent unlimited current to my house and everything plugged in a socket, burnt out. You can call the attorney general if your electric provider doesn't want to reimburse you. You'll have to have someone verify all of your lost devices.

But, if they did send an unlimited current through your home, you will get a fair reimbursement check.
----
Didn't know if 'learning' was a place in FR. Your English is good, so I was/am unsure if you live/d in the U.S.

If you're waiting for the heroes, they might be stuck on disc one. Apologies, had to make a Cid joke.

Last edited by H1B1Esquire,
Reactions: Ricken

Jack Daniels

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Believe it or not, it might be the fault of your electric provider. They once sent unlimited current to my house and everything plugged in a socket, burnt out. You can call the attorney general if your electric provider doesn't want to reimburse you. You'll have to have someone verify all of your lost devices.

But, if they did send an unlimited current through your home, you will get a fair reimbursement check.
there would've been more damaged devices

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
thank you for your replies.
I don't even know if it's a power surge, as my other devices are working (hoven, fridge, even the 3DS which was connected at that time)

I didn't try to reset the BIOS yet.
I wanted to start unpluging everything, to see if it boots up to POST without any card/RAM inserted.
I also want to test a new power supply. it has multiple lines, so maybe it can power the fans, but not the mother board? maybe the HDD but not the graphic card, etc.
maybe it can't even reach the POST bios check.

so I think I will
1 unplung everything
2 test new power supply
3 reset bios (I wanted to avoid that)

for the TV, I've read keep power button pressed for 1 min, but it didn't help (though, it helped the user with the same symptom than me)
I can try factory reset
I can try firmware update (if any, I don't know how to do it)

For PS4, I tried to keep power button pressed at boot (like the PS3, but it didn't do anything)
It boots, but I don't know if it opens the main menu or a rescue menu, i guess blue light then white light. I tried messing with the controller to find (blindly) the shutdown option, but couldn't find it (or it doesn't work)
PSVR doesn't work (says "no hdmi")

I might have insurance for power surge, but I don't know how to prove it. To me, it doesn't look like a power surge, as my tv still work. Only the hdmi are broken.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
@Cyan

Dear mother of god. This is what I fear the most when it comes to my devices...
I bought several ''special'' adapters which claim to be anti surge but then again I dont really trust them much.
Im really sorry for all your fried stuff man :(

Well the important stuff is alive right? Nintendo 4 life bro

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ahh, and I forgot to tell that my PC and TV and console were all connected to power surge protection, onduleur (I don't remember the english word).
I have APC device

Jack Daniels

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ahh, and I forgot to tell that my PC and TV and console were all connected to power surge protection, onduleur (I don't remember the english word).
I have APC device
that makes it improbable to be the surge, good news: it makes it more likely your devices are repairable

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm very sorry. This is horrible.

Best of luck, and I hope that things get better.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I hope I have my data (on pc, my HDD are recoverable, reusable and not dead)
If I have to buy new PC, TV or console, I can do it.
PS4 I have m savegames on PS+
It's really tiring to be stressed like that, thinking about all that happend and I might have lost.

I'm used to "hdd issue, fix thanks to RAID"
But all the devices at the same time, I'm speechless
too much badluck on me this week :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it