Tutorial  Updated

Fix Wii Remote Sync on Wii while stuck in autoboot homebrew loop

If you have a Wii that is stuck in a priiloader or other autoboot loop involving homebrew with no Wii Remotes synced, this method works.

I tried this as my last resort since my Wii Mini was stuck in a loop after I set the priiloader autoboot to Homebrew Channel and synced my remote to a different Wii,
The Mini has no buttons for launching Priiloader so launching via a forwarder homebrew using HBC is required, and this is why this loop is dangerous for Wii Mini

to exit the loop, you will need these things:

1. A computer with Linux (used Ubuntu 19.04 myself)

2. A Bluetooth adapter compatible with bdaddr (Intel does not work, CSR ones do work, I used a Cinolink BT403D Bluetooth adapter that uses CSR chipset)
EDIT: Tested Broadcom and it may work with some adapters but my particular one { RocketFish RF-BTAPDT } shows that it set the MAC Successfully but it never changes.

3. The MAC Address of the Wii's BT Adapter, which is written on the BT card itself inside the console, so this will require disassembly to get to.
This is what that looks like:
BluetoothCard.JPG

4. the bdaddr program, which i will attach here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1: Extract the bdaddr program to your desktop
Step 2: Open linux terminal app
Step 3: CD to the desktop via
Code:
cd Desktop

Step 4: Document original adapter mac address via this command:
Code:
./bdaddr -i hci1

NOTE: yours may be hci0 if it is your main adapter, or you are using a USB adapter on a Desktop that does not have it's own BT module.
This Info Should be displayed:
Code:
Manufacturer:   Cambridge Silicon Radio (10) [or whatever your Manufacturer is]
Device address: YOUR ADAPTER MAC

Take note of this value since you may want to flash the adapter mac back to normal

Step 5: Set MAC Address of the adapter to match the MAC of the Wii BT Adapter via this command (substitute hci1 for hci0 if your card is not hci1)
Code:
sudo ./bdaddr -i hci1 -r YOUR WII BT MAC HERE  ( Formatting looks like this 00:00:00:00:00:00 )

Step 6: unplug and plug in the adapter

Step 7: verify changed MAC via this command, if the new address sticks then your good to go
Code:
./bdaddr -i hci1  ( use hci0 if your card is hci0 )

Step 8: Sync Wii Remote via SYNC button, not temp 1+2 SYNC to the bluetooth adapter via bluetooth "Setup New Device" option

accept any prompts on screen and the remote should connect and light up as player 1

Step 9: Disconnect Bluetooth adapter physcally from the PC (or set MAC address back if built-in) then turn on Wii

The remote should auto connect up while in homebrew, but once official software like the System Menu is loaded, it will lose connection and require a resync, which is fine to do since you are at the System Menu anyway and syncing works fine.

Attachments

• bdaddr.zip
    6.6 KB · Views: 386
Last edited by driverdis,

driverdis

I am Justice
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Inb4 the reset button pin is fairly easily accessible on the board

That works as well it seems. using the reset button to force Priiloader into the system menu can work. I did not realize the Wii Mini board has the reset pin accessible. This would have saved me a lot of time had i known that. This method however will work for anyone with a broken Reset button that cant bypass Priiloader, assuming they have a Wii with no GC ports.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That works as well it seems. using the reset button to force Priiloader into the system menu can work. I did not realize the Wii Mini board has the reset pin accessible. This would have saved me a lot of time had i known that. This method however will work for anyone with a broken Reset button that cant bypass Priiloader, assuming they have a Wii with no GC ports.
I actually don't know - I tried figuring it out from a fairly boring photo for 10 minutes then gave up and posted that what if :)

ToniLahma

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I just searched for your post because I have a black wii with no GC ports stuck on homebrew (synced the wiimote to another wii as you did). How should I proceed? I can't find way to sync the wiimote while in priiloader, your method is the only option?

Well I have learned a lot from the forum but most of the posts were so old I couldn't reply or throw a "thanks" without looking like a dead post digger.

Thank you for now, At least there is hope :)

ToniLahma

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Oh, just final update. I didn't quite understand the use for reset button, I was simply pressing it. Now I got it, if you have homebrew or/and priiloader, HOLD reset button at one of these screens and the Wii will access system menu (if it was available before).

Playing with Linux and commands would be fun, thanks for your post! But im glad to fix it without much trouble. Thanks Ryccardo

Reactions: banjo2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1