Certified Crash Test Dummy
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
The latest update forces 4:3 because it thinks the HBC is a VC title. There is an easy fix (or rather workaround, as SifJar pointed out) for this. I've updated one of my HBC forwarders to to work in vWii mode. Just install it and run it from the vWii menu to load the HBC properly:
Green HBC v2 - GHBC vWii
GreenHBC.png~original

This is just temporary until the next HBC release, but it's a very fast forwarder so you should barely notice a difference, if any.

Use MMM to install it.

Credit to Team Twiizers for the original HBC banner.

You can download several other colors here.

The source for the Homebrew Channel Launcher is available here.

Last edited by JoostinOnline, , Reason: Updated to support OHBC

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The latest update forces 4:3 because it thinks the HBC is a VC title. There is an easy fix for this. I've updated one of my HBC forwarders to to work in vWii mode. Just install it and run it from the vWii menu to load the HBC properly:
HBC Forwarder - GHBC -vWii
GreenHBC.png~original

This is just temporary until the next HBC release, but it's a very fast forwarder so you should barely notice a difference, if any.

Dang this is awesome, thanks! B-)

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool....but just curious why did you every make a homebrew forwarder anyways when the HBC put a channel on the Wii dashboard?

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um, because normal HBC has aspect ratio problems...? This circumvents the 4:3 issue.

I know but he said this was a converted HBC forwarder he had created for Wii previously, just curious why he originally made it.......circumventing the 4:3 mode is great now if Nintendo or the scene will just give us gamepad as a classic controller pro this will be the best thing since white bread!

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Cool....but just curious why did you every make a homebrew forwarder anyways when the HBC put a channel on the Wii dashboard?
It's part of a collection of theme-based forwarders I made for the HBC. Back when themes were more popular, people liked to match their channels with the themes. I had pink, blue, red, yellow, green, and white ones. Maybe more, it's been awhile. People just hid the real channel on the last page of the System Menu, then used the forwarder.

Edit: I misunderstood you. I made the original forwarder dol for apps like Priiloader that hadn't been updated to launch the new HBC title ID.

Reactions: Margen67

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's part of a collection of theme-based forwarders I made for the HBC. Back when themes were more popular, people liked to match their channels with the themes. I had pink, blue, red, yellow, green, and white ones. Maybe more, it's been awhile. People just hid the real channel on the last page of the System Menu, then used the forwarder.

Edit: I misunderstood you. I made the original forwarder dol for apps like Priiloader that hadn't been updated to launch the new HBC title ID.

Thanks for the reply....turns out very handy now that you did make those 'theme' based channel fowarders. Not sure if HBC people will bother with an update to correct their issue with vWii but with your forwarder doesn't matter anyways....I just can't wait until we get controls working because I will replay Xenogears and a few others if I can play them entirely on the gamepad

lucasanti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sorry to bother you guys but I am not an expert about Multi mod manager.
How can I install the HBC Forwarder ?
I have already installed the original HBC on my vWii. I donwloaded the Multimod manager (MMM) v13.4 and the .WAD file related to HBC forwarder.
Shall I have to copy the folder MMM into SD card together with the file .wad into the root of the SD card and then run the HBC and then run the Multimod manager ?
Once the MMM is started, shall I select WAD manager ?
Then shall I have to select the .wad related to HBC forwarder ? Shall I have to select also any specific IOS during the installation of the wad file ? Shall I have to install or patch any IOS ?

Thanks in advance...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all