Fix for the GTS Glitch in Pokemon Platinum?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by 13 Black, Jul 25, 2009.

Jul 25, 2009
  1. 13 Black
    OP

Newcomer 13 Black Member

United States
    In early versions of the US release of Pokemon Platinum, there is a glitch in the Global Terminal (the GTS from D/P) that prevents the game from showing the level and gender of the Pokemon the other trainer wants, which can screw up trades. I heard that this problem was mended in later releases of Platinum in the US as well as in the European version of the game.

Is there a ROM fix or update for this game that fixes the issue? Thanks in advance!

2. Melly Pix

Member Melly Pix Gbatemp's Lady Vulpix

Canada
    hmm, odd...
    I own an original copy of diamond pearl and platinum all from their pure release dates in the USA
    never had this glitch show up..
    is this a rom or real copy you've got?

3. TrapperKeeperX

Member TrapperKeeperX GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    If you have a flashcart use pokesav to clone or use a code to clone too.

4. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    I dunno, I think that if this were true then someone would have released (dumped) the new version already.

So far, I don't know of any fix for this.
    Edit: Apparently, some people are saying that they sent in their copies to Nintendo and got them "fixed" but lost their save data. So I think Nintendo just replaced their game cartridges, because newer versions of Platinum supposedly don't have this problem. And again, why hasn't anyone dumped this new version if it even exists?

5. Zurren

Member Zurren GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Sorry for this rather huge bump (seriously), but I believe that doing this is better than creating a new topic. Sorry again if that's not what I should do.

So, well. Was any fix for this, or maybe another ROM released? Does anyone even care about this? According to my Google searches, the answers to these questions are no.

6. injected11

Member injected11 Crescent Freshâ„¢

United States
    Use the EU version, and don't bump threads that are nearly a year old.