Hardware Fix for/Alternative to the Wii U Gamepad Charging Cable?

SlightlyModified

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Hello there!
So I have already gone through 2 charging cables, and at the moment I am not able to get a new one.I can't find the one that came with the console and the only other one I have is a cheap third party one. I was wondering if there's any other way to charge the Gamepad or is there a fix for whatever is wrong with it? Many Thanks in Advance! :D

Also, sorry if this was posted in the wrong section! I'm not sure where this should go.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello there!
So I have already gone through 2 charging cables, and at the moment I am not able to get a new one.I can't find the one that came with the console and the only other one I have is a cheap third party one. I was wondering if there's any other way to charge the Gamepad or is there a fix for whatever is wrong with it? Many Thanks in Advance! :D

Also, sorry if this was posted in the wrong section! I'm not sure where this should go.

do you know if it is just the proprietary connector at the end , the one that goes into the gamepad?
if it is i found a solution ,well sort of
to at least get my pad charged but not to be able to use it on AC
https://gbatemp.net/threads/seems-s...ken-pad-charger-easy-fix.430445/#post-6436433

just cut the end off and strip the wires and see if the transformer is outputting voltage
(might want to leave some slack on the wires for the connector)

Last edited by weatMod,
Reactions: SlightlyModified

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello there!

Energizer sells a 3rd party Gamepad + Wiimote charging dock with 2 rechargeable Wiimote batteries, I ended up buying one of those myself when I lost my gamepad charger (it later turned up again)
It doesn't seem to work with the extended gamepad battery for some reason, but it worked fine before I upgraded to the extended battery.

Reactions: SlightlyModified

SlightlyModified

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
do you know if it is just the proprietary connector at the end , the one that goes into the gamepad?
if it is i found a solution ,well sort of
to at least get my pad charged but not to be able to use it on AC
https://gbatemp.net/threads/seems-s...ken-pad-charger-easy-fix.430445/#post-6436433

just cut the end off and strip the wires and see if the transformer is outputting voltage
(might want to leave some slack on the wires for the connector)

I have no idea, but I'll check when I can. Thanks!

Energizer sells a 3rd party Gamepad + Wiimote charging dock with 2 rechargeable Wiimote batteries, I ended up buying one of those myself when I lost my gamepad charger (it later turned up again)
It doesn't seem to work with the extended gamepad battery for some reason, but it worked fine before I upgraded to the extended battery.

Thank you, I'll look into this if I can't fix it, would be handy for my Wii too!

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea, but I'll check when I can. Thanks!

Thank you, I'll look into this if I can't fix it, would be handy for my Wii too!
it probably is the connector it is really unlikely that the transformer/PSU is dead what always happens with shit like this is that the wires are worn out inside the cable right near the connector ,just cut the connector off and leave about 2 inches and save it in case it's not broke and you need it in the future
test the wires with a multimeter or an LED and make sure there is power then if you have a cradle you are all set

Last edited by weatMod,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

themyst

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you replace the charger again, I'd also consider getting a charging dock so you won't put any wear and tear on the plug.

Jahelbelike

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
on April 23, I had a Wii U but I was mistaken thinking the power supply is the charger. i sudden;y realized that i got the poweer suplly. All I had to do is buy a charger from amazon and wait for 2 days until it arrives on April 25. Idk why? My gamepad didnt have any battery. So I can't use the Wii U for a while

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's a usb charger for the gamepad. I have one in case I'm playing like the gamepad levels in 3d world or something, but I usually don't like using the gamepad.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Good Morning.:)

and plus, There's no alternative I can find but use the charger form amazon that I have to wait for.

Instead of 100´s of Charging Units and Cables for Nintendo Devices,I use this since 2020:
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07JC1Q5H7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

61x8AP92wHL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

it can be used for:

- Wii U GamePad
- Official Wii Battery Charger Station
- DSi (XL)
- 2DS / 3DS
- DS Lite
- GameBoy Advance
and
- Sony PSP 10000 / 2000 / 3000

You can charge via any PC USB Port or HUB
or in Combination with
An USB Power Adapter USB to Wall Plug like this
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00R25QZDC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

41YbECkHmwL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

You can also use it as temporarily Wired Power Solution for your Wii U Game Pad until you got your new Battery.

Thank you.:)

Last edited by Alexander1970,
Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.