• Thread starter pasc
  • Start date
  • Views 1,082
  • Replies 5
P

pasc

OP
Well, I used semirestore to wipe my iPod Touch 4G (16 GB, FW 6.1.2), however:

the settings app will always crash now that I did this.

I cannot do anything to fix this.

Using a "stitched-ipsw" file will not work either as iFaith sees my shsh blobs as "having a corrupt ap-ticket".

Are there any ways to fix a broke settings app on iOS ? (otherthan a restore) ?

ipwndeveloper

Trophies
Website
gb4iphone.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
yea it kinda sucks about the blobs being messed up.
You could try to run semirestore again. or try iLEXRAT (similar in concept to SemiRestore)

Or use the usable blobs to restore back to iOS 4 or iOS 5 as those were not corrupted and are still useable.
I was on iOS 4.3.3 on my i4 until a few months ago, I upgraded so I could use new API. Apple has allowed downloading of older apps to older firmwares so that way users of older devices can still use them, without worrying about deleating applications and not getting them back.

Alternative Fixes:
The good news is that a there will be a iOS 6.1.3 Jailbreak for the iPod touch's final firmware on before this year is out!

there is also Semi Tether that will partialy teather your iOS device on iOS (any firmware 5.0 and up on bootrom exploit devices, a4 and older)
(I am currently semitethered on 6.1.5 it is usable, with little crashes and almost no reboots, only resprings!)

P

pasc

OP
wait... is 6.1.5 still signed ?

so if I download 6.1.5 for my iPod and then use that (redsn0w ?) to jailbreak it it will work tethered ?

That would be awesome.

Since I don't have any 4.x 5.x blobs.

I mean I AM jailbroken on 6.1.2, but what good is this without being able to access the settings ?

ipwndeveloper

Trophies
Website
gb4iphone.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Yep, iPod touch 4th gen will never upgrade beyond iOS 6.1.5.

Also you can use redsnow or snowbreeze to grab the blobs from within the 6.1.2 device (instead of from apple like Tiny Umbrella) I think, I still have viable 6.1.2 blobs on my iphone that I used just last week using a stitched IPSW.

And the iPod Touch 4th Generation (and other a4 devices: iPad 1, iPod Touch 4G, iPhone 4)will ALWAYS have a teathered Jailbreak/exploit for it (two actually,SHAtter and Limera1n)!
then you can use Semi-Teather to allow reboots without And the iPod Touch 4th Generation (and other a4 devices: iPad 1, iPod Touch 4G, iPhone 4)will ALWAYS have a teathered Jailbreak/exploit for it (two actually,SHAtter and Limera1n)!connecting to a computer!

P

pasc

OP
That is funny.

I tried as you said, restored to 6.1.5, restored to a "enter dfu mode ipsw" afterwards.

Then I jailbroke, so far so good.

However my iPod's screen just stays blank (despite the device being connected to the PC and seen as jailed by iFunbox).

ipwndeveloper

Trophies
Website
gb4iphone.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
the bummer about a tethered jailbreak is not being able to reboot. This happend several times on my i4. You can use redsnows "extras" to "Just Boot Teathered" everytime you powercyce your device. It is a pain but hopefully winocm will release his unteather exploit soon as it can be quite a pain being teathered.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse