Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1.) Save VC game to SD card
2.) Upload VC game to computer
3.) Download pirated VC game
4.) Find exploit to run non-your VC game

That's what I think the first Wii hack will be like.

pirate_arrh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
yeeeaaah, 'stuff like that'
laugh.gif

bakhalishta

my teef hurt
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

xiaNaix

Trophies
Website
xiaNaix.net
XP
Country
United States
It's just a matter of finding out how they store your Wii ID in the rom files. One someone cracks that, it's all over. I don't think it will take long either.
wink.gif

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I should have made it clear that I didn't make that video, but its the same as the AR method for booting homebrew from the gamecube. I don't have my Wii yet so I couldn't confirm it, but as soon as I receive it, I'll do that for everyone.

You need a GameCube SD adaptor (SD Gekko, I got mine from Gameparts.biz), and an Action Replay Disc as well as the AR memory card. Basically you use your PC to make the SD card bootable a certain way, using the SDLoad software. Then, you put the AR memory card in GC slot 2, the SD card adaptor in GC slot 1, and boot the AR disc. A certain code is entered in, (its found in the SDLoad text info) and you start the game. The AR code is used to patch the AR disc, instead of patching any other GC games. That brings up the SDLoad screen, and you can load any GC .dol file. However, nothing that uses the disc drive will work properly on the Wii.

Scorpin200

Iceman
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ha well that's the end of nintendo idea of trying to make money off of emulation, but not even one day has passed really till someone does something like this. Come on they got to let people make real purchases for at least a year before ruining it with hacking
smile.gif

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Lol. The message he gets when trying to adress the drive is the same one I get when I use snes9x on my gamecube. That's just sad (As I can't run snes games now.....).

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The biggest problem with this method (if it works, but the video seems hard to fake) is that the SDLoad software doesn't have long file name support. It'd be kind of tough to pick the different roms without the full file names.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I live in the UK so I've not got the wii yet. I did hear the wii checks for updates every so often. Whats stopping Nintendo from checking whats on your SD card when they do the update check. If you haven't bought the game its deleted from the card. With the games using Digital Rights Management they may never be copied. Best chance would probably be a hacked bios to run the games and avoid any checks.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
privacy laws, guest you brits don't have any with all thoses video camera's filming you when you take a crap haha.
I'm surprised you even know what privacy is, what with all the "Patriot act" laws and such you have in America...

OH YES, I SAID IT!!!!!
wink.gif

bryehn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
... However, nothing that uses the disc drive will work properly on the Wii.

I was hoping to use my Max Drive Pro, but yeah, the Wii doesn't recognise the disc. Well, actually I think it DOES recognise the disc and chooses not to run it. I wasn't expecting to boot a game in GCOS or GCOM, but I was hoping to run ROMs in .dol format from the GCN memory card.

OG LOCC NESS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A theory? How can you make a theory when you have no idea how the system works? Please don't just think that BAM it can be hacked. No one should throw ideas out there; just wait for the professional hackers to do it. It's not like they're going to take a suggestion from someone who doesn't know ANYTHING about the system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: can troll SylverReZ the following day :)