1. PriMieon

PriMieon GBAtemp Regular

Germany

Yup. One of the best games I've played... Great ost... Story made me kinda cry

Bimmel likes this.
  2. The problem is, that cannot even tell you that. We already know that the Switch records error logs in a place we cannot touch yet. We also know those logs get sent to Ninty the second you connect online.

Anotherwords, if you RCM and run this software even one time, you are taking a chance at being banned. Will you get banned for that, we don't know. However stating you cannot is incorrect, saying it's unlikely is an opinion, which one could hold, saying it is impossible isn't reality.

So to quickly solve that issue. If you run SX or any home brew one time on your machine period, you are at risk of being banned, whether you go online with SX or not. If you take your OFW online after closing SX you still risk a ban as of right now.

If you want 100% Gaurnteed no ban, then don't run SX or any other Homebrew period.

Last edited Jun 11, 2018
    comput3rus3r likes this.
  3. comput3rus3r

comput3rus3r GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    You're right. I wouldn't recommend using online features till more is known. I certainly wont be.

4. I just bought 2 switches :P. Going to be getting a 3rd later this month lol. If my dedicated hacked switch gets banned no loss.

I did that also for the price of switch accessories. By the time you you buy more joycons a second (or third) dock, a joycon grip, a charger ECT, your pretty close to the cost of an entire switch.

5. comput3rus3r

United States
    People who pre-ordered and watched this video:
    "man I can't wait to get mine"

People who are waiting for Atmosphere and watched this video:
    "ewww look at his nails"

6. CaptainLoozer

CaptainLoozer GBAtemp Regular

United States
    By what he's saying, it wouldn't matter if you wait or not. Even using it offline will create logs that will get sent to nintendo next time you go online. So unless you're planning on keeping it offline forever, you're just as much at risk of getting banned online or offline.

NeoSlyde and DeletedMember411838 like this.
  7. Until/Unless someone figures out a way to clean those logs before going online, you would be correct.

CaptainLoozer likes this.
  8. comput3rus3r

United States
    Yeah well that's what I meant by saying not using online features. I haven't even set up wifi on my switch lol

9. NeoSlyde

NeoSlyde Let us start the game
    Banned

France
    What if nothing happen ?
    Because the games are faked as cartridge
    It pretty much make it indétectable no?

10. CaptainLoozer

United States
    Of course.

Now how MUCH risk is there, we don't know yet. As for me, I'm going online, I don't care. At most, I'm going to lose features I didn't intend to use anyway. I just want a piracy machine.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Not quite. So far we have no way of changing headers on the games that are dumped. Nintendo could easily identify how many people are using "carts" with the same ID all over the world and ban all players using it.

However, I've installed 3ds games on my 3ds without changing jack and I've never been banned. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

KhenemetHeru and NeoSlyde like this.
  11. NeoSlyde

Banned

France
    Yeah the online will be paid in September anyway
    So yolo lol

12. comput3rus3r

United States
    I don't think so. Something to do with the game's cert. Also what was stated above about error logs. but you can be a test dummy for us and try it. Let us know how it worked out.

edit: @CaptainLoozer already volunteered to test it out. :)

Last edited by comput3rus3r, Jun 11, 2018
    CaptainLoozer likes this.
  13. NeoSlyde

Banned

France
    No U

14. Well first off, the carts have unique headers like the 3ds did, except this time public headers won't work and you could get banned. We will likely see that in Mass once SX comes out and there is 1000 people playing Splatoon with the same header online.

Secondly it has nothing to do with the carts or games, the system stores logs of what happens to it and reports that to Nintendo, so they might be able to see your using SX carts aside. Nothing is undetectable in the switch they have stepped their security up 100x over the 3ds, the only reason we have any exploits at is Nvidias screw up, Ninty locked the switch down well.

15. can i test that please

16. CaptainLoozer

United States
    Well as for me. If I get banned, I lose:

Eshop access (lol buying games)
    friends list (idc what my friends are playing, can't make parties anyway, no voice chat)
    The ability to pay Nintendo 20 bucks to play their games online (wasn't planning on it anyway)

But I still get all the free games I can shake a switch at.

I'll take the ban.

17. vstar

vstar Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    No more DLC too. As for now, the only way you can get DLC is buy from eshop.

18. Fred Molyneux

Fred Molyneux GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Just for people who don't know China (since it is very likely the video is from there, as most electronic products are made there), the reason for the long nails is that it shows people don't do manual labor. It is a sign of wealth.
    https://www.vagabondjourney.com/why-chinese-men-grow-long-fingernails/
    Is one example. It shouldn't be what we discuss in this thread, but it will help some people understand.

19. PojarNazarovich

PojarNazarovich Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Belarus
  20. failzers

failzers GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Spreading FUD again, who would've thought?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - UnBoxing, First, Video