First UnBoxing Video Of SX PRO

Team-Xecuter shows off one of the SX PRO review samples before it gets shipped out to reviewers!

SXUNBOX.jpg

It is only a few days away before SX OS lands on your Nintendo Switch console, and you can enjoy the world of 'backup games' and 'homebrew' support on the latest v5.1.0 firmware, and as such TX has released one more announcement before the reviewers get their hands on the SX PRO which is shipping out this week worldwide to various resellers with preorders, so check it out below:

Welcome to the last Team-Xecuter announcement before we let the reviewers take over!

Please find final product & packaging pictures with this announcement. This is from one of the 100 review samples that will be shipped this week. If you are on the review copies list, you do not need to email us: We will send you tracking once shipped.

For reseller information, the packaging dimension and weight with product and cable: Weight: 30g. Dimensions: 10*7*1.4cm

We want to confirm that SX OS official launch date is June 15th. Remember this is the day we ship units to vendors, so your own tracking number from the reseller will be a few days later. Also, because this is very large product launch, we can't deliver all preordered units on D-day. If you placed your order late, you might have to wait a week more for your distributor to receive more stocks after he clears its first preorders.

We are working 24/7 right now to make the delay to deliver all preorders as short as possible.

As usual, a few Q&A that came back regularly:
  • Q: Is SX affected by the dreaded "battery desync" problem?
    A:
    As far as we are aware this battery desync problem currently only occurs when running Linux on your Switch.
    While extensively testing SX OS, including booting SX OS with AutoRCM we have not ran into a single battery desync issue ourselves.
    SX OS itself isn't based on Linux. We *do* allow people to run Linux (and other payloads) through our "external payload" functionality. This is at your own risk.
    If we had to give the community a hint as to where to start looking into this "battery desync" problem we'd suggest looking into how the Fuel Gauge IC (MAX17050, I2C1 addr 36) is being used by Nintendo's OS and by Linux.
  • Q: If I boot in OFW mode and play my original purchased game online, am I safe?
    A:
    Yes, you are safe to play original games online in OFW mode.
  • Q: Does SX OS plays the original games in CFW mode?
    A:
    Yes, it does.
  • Q: If I download eShop games to an SD card, can I also run SX OS on that card?
    Or do I need separate cards for Nintendo eShop games and SX OS games?
    A:
    You can use the same SD card.
Next week, the first reviews will be online, we are sure they will be excellent as we expect!
Team-Xecuter, Rocking the Switch in 2018!

(More cool pics of the first unboxing, over at source link below)

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

PriMieon

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Not exactly. It was meant to be a Castlevania reference. :-)
In the second game there is this horrible day/night mechanism, where every minute or two a slowly written message pops up that reads "What a horrible night to have a curse".

But I should work on more Ghost Trick references. This game deserves it!

Yup. One of the best games I've played... Great ost... Story made me kinda cry

Reactions: Bimmel
D

DeletedMember411838

what was actually said is this
Q: If I boot in OFW mode and play my original purchased game online, am I safe?

Obviously.

The problem is, that cannot even tell you that. We already know that the Switch records error logs in a place we cannot touch yet. We also know those logs get sent to Ninty the second you connect online.

Anotherwords, if you RCM and run this software even one time, you are taking a chance at being banned. Will you get banned for that, we don't know. However stating you cannot is incorrect, saying it's unlikely is an opinion, which one could hold, saying it is impossible isn't reality.

So to quickly solve that issue. If you run SX or any home brew one time on your machine period, you are at risk of being banned, whether you go online with SX or not. If you take your OFW online after closing SX you still risk a ban as of right now.

If you want 100% Gaurnteed no ban, then don't run SX or any other Homebrew period.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: comput3rus3r

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is, that cannot even tell you that. We already know that the Switch records error logs in a place we cannot touch yet. We also know those logs get sent to Ninty the second you connect online.

Anotherwords, if you RCM and run this software even one time, you are taking a chance at being banned. Will you get banned for that, we don't know. However stating you cannot is incorrect, saying it's unlikely is an opinion, which one could hold, saying it is impossible isn't reality.
You're right. I wouldn't recommend using online features till more is known. I certainly wont be.

D

DeletedMember411838

You're right. I wouldn't recommend using online features till more is known. I certainly wont be.

I just bought 2 switches :P. Going to be getting a 3rd later this month lol. If my dedicated hacked switch gets banned no loss.

I did that also for the price of switch accessories. By the time you you buy more joycons a second (or third) dock, a joycon grip, a charger ECT, your pretty close to the cost of an entire switch.

CaptainLoozer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

By what he's saying, it wouldn't matter if you wait or not. Even using it offline will create logs that will get sent to nintendo next time you go online. So unless you're planning on keeping it offline forever, you're just as much at risk of getting banned online or offline.

D

DeletedMember411838

By what he's saying, it wouldn't matter if you wait or not. Even using it offline will create logs that will get sent to nintendo next time you go online. So unless you're planning on keeping it offline forever, you're just as much at risk of getting banned online or offline.

Until/Unless someone figures out a way to clean those logs before going online, you would be correct.

Reactions: CaptainLoozer

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah well that's what I meant by saying not using online features. I haven't even set up wifi on my switch lol

NeoSlyde

Let us start the game
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
France
What if nothing happen ?
Because the games are faked as cartridge
It pretty much make it indétectable no?

CaptainLoozer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Until/Unless someone figures out a way to clean those logs before going online, you would be correct.
Of course.

Now how MUCH risk is there, we don't know yet. As for me, I'm going online, I don't care. At most, I'm going to lose features I didn't intend to use anyway. I just want a piracy machine.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What if nothing happen ?
Not quite. So far we have no way of changing headers on the games that are dumped. Nintendo could easily identify how many people are using "carts" with the same ID all over the world and ban all players using it.

However, I've installed 3ds games on my 3ds without changing jack and I've never been banned. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if nothing happen ?
I don't think so. Something to do with the game's cert. Also what was stated above about error logs. but you can be a test dummy for us and try it. Let us know how it worked out.

edit: @CaptainLoozer already volunteered to test it out. :)

Last edited by comput3rus3r,
Reactions: CaptainLoozer
D

DeletedMember411838

What if nothing happen ?

Well first off, the carts have unique headers like the 3ds did, except this time public headers won't work and you could get banned. We will likely see that in Mass once SX comes out and there is 1000 people playing Splatoon with the same header online.

Secondly it has nothing to do with the carts or games, the system stores logs of what happens to it and reports that to Nintendo, so they might be able to see your using SX carts aside. Nothing is undetectable in the switch they have stepped their security up 100x over the 3ds, the only reason we have any exploits at is Nvidias screw up, Ninty locked the switch down well.

CaptainLoozer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well as for me. If I get banned, I lose:

Eshop access (lol buying games)
friends list (idc what my friends are playing, can't make parties anyway, no voice chat)
The ability to pay Nintendo 20 bucks to play their games online (wasn't planning on it anyway)

But I still get all the free games I can shake a switch at.

I'll take the ban.

vstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well as for me. If I get banned, I lose:

Eshop access (lol buying games)
friends list (idc what my friends are playing, can't make parties anyway, no voice chat)
The ability to pay Nintendo 20 bucks to play their games online (wasn't planning on it anyway)

But I still get all the free games I can shake a switch at.

I'll take the ban.

No more DLC too. As for now, the only way you can get DLC is buy from eshop.

Fred Molyneux

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just for people who don't know China (since it is very likely the video is from there, as most electronic products are made there), the reason for the long nails is that it shows people don't do manual labor. It is a sign of wealth.
https://www.vagabondjourney.com/why-chinese-men-grow-long-fingernails/
Is one example. It shouldn't be what we discuss in this thread, but it will help some people understand.

failzers

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So to quickly solve that issue. If you run SX or any home brew one time on your machine period, you are at risk of being banned, whether you go online with SX or not. If you take your OFW online after closing SX you still risk a ban as of right now.

If you want 100% Gaurnteed no ban, then don't run SX or any other Homebrew period.
Spreading FUD again, who would've thought?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Crowbar?